五十六 | 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

After several days of Higuchi staying in confinement, not once admitting that he was Kira or that he recalled anything that happened during Yotsuba's meetings or what he was doing when acting as Kira, Sunday finally arrived, meaning that (Y/N) had her date with Rin. While she didn't think it appropriate to leave in the middle of everything going on, she also didn't want to just cancel.

    So she went.

    She dressed very casually—donning a nice pair of black jeans, a white blouse, and a fuzzy but stylish jacket—yet Rin instantly flushed when seeing her.

    "You look nice," he muttered awkwardly with a smile, rubbing the back of his neck.

    "Thanks," she smiled.

    Walking into a nearby cafe, they sat down and ordered some coffee and cake, chatting casually about a variety of topics before finishing and walking towards the art gallery in Edo that Rin wanted to see. The museum was huge, and the lines to get in were long as expected. However, with each other's company, time passed by quite quickly, and it wasn't long before they were granted entry.

    "Ah, the Lady of Shalott," Rin commented on a particular painting containing a woman in a boat surrounded by reeds. "It was painted by John William Waterhouse in 1888, during the Romanticism movement. One representation of it is a type of sorrow about not being able to control one's destiny. Interesting, right?"

    "Yes," (Y/N) murmured as she took a step closer, mesmerized by the absolute dejection on the woman's face in the painting. "It is..."

    Is this irony?

    Directed towards me, I wonder?

    Giving Rin a small smile, (Y/N) then allowed herself to move on, continuing to walk around with the boy for about an hour more before to the movies afterwards as promised. Rin, surprisingly, was an avid fan of horror, and had already had his eyes set on a rather scary movie when they arrived. Buying snacks and drinks, they then sat down in their seats. When the movie was finally over,  it was close to late evening, the sun already beginning to set below the clouds, the air growing even more chilly as well.

    "Today was fun, Rin," (Y/N) commented as she allowed him to walk her to her house—not specifically hers, but to her street at least. "Thank you. I've recently had a lot on my mind, and this was a nice change of pace."

    "Well, I'm glad I can help," he smiled. "Anyways, did you want to do this sometime again?"

    "Sure," she shrugged. "Why not?"

    "I'll call you when I have another free day," Rin seemed to grow ecstatic at the thought of seeing her again, giving a small chuckle as he messed with his long hair. "Have a good night, (Y/N), and get the rest of the way home safely."