Engagement

The room was filled with laughter and smiling faces. Everyone gathered in one place to celebrate the upcoming union of the happy couple. Most had went around sharing their favorite memories of the couple together or individually. The soon to be bride's father was finishing up sharing an embarrassing childhood story of hers. She slightly elbowed her fiancé in the stomach for his full on encouragement for her dad to continue.

He showed all his pearly whites as he admired her. He admired the beauty right in front him. His eyes traveled down every inch of her face. The groom to be licked his lips imagining all the things they would be doing once he finally got her alone for the night.

Olivia: (covering face) Dad...please.

Billy: (steady laughing) Oh I haven't got to the best part yet........

Olivia: (turns to Fiancé) You know you encouraged this right?

Spencer: (chuckles) How?

Olivia: After the first story you just had to ask did he have anymore stories about me.

Spencer: (smirks) Babe, they're cute stories. When we have our daughter, I hope she is just as cute and funny as her mother. (Pecks her lips)

Billy: (chuckles) I know my baby girl is probably tired of me telling these stories about her.

Olivia: You have never lied.

Billy: I'm let that one slide. (Everyone laughs) Honestly, I'm so proud baby girl. You don't know how much it warms my heart to see all your accomplishments. You have made me and your mother so proud. Spencer you've always been a son to me and I know my daughter is in great hands. If everyone will raise their glass (raise glass), to Spencer and Olivia. I hope you guys have a marriage full of love, laughter, wisdom, and memories. To Spence and Liv.

Everyone: To Spence and Liv.

Layla: (steps up) Thank you Mr. Baker. So we're going to take a short break on speeches for right now. Everyone continue to eat, drink, and just have a good time.

When Liv had asked Layla to be apart of her wedding and her second maid of honor, she did not know that Layla would actually go into full blown maid of honorzilla. Layla had planned Spencer's and Liv's engagement party down to the notch. Not a single detail missing or out of place.

Layla: (walking up to Liv) I know we're suppose to be relaxing and enjoying tonight, but you have to try on dresses next week. Then the week after that...hold on (pulls out phone) you guys have a cake (gcto)

Olivia: (takes her phone) Layla....breath. Okay we have plenty of time to get things done for the wedding. We've only been engaged for a month and a half.

Spencer: Liv's right. You should be enjoying this party.

Layla: Yeah, but (gcto)

Olivia: I appreciate all of this. We appreciate all of this, but you should be having fun. I'm glad that you're my maid of honor, but you don't have to plan my wedding (giggles). I just need you and Simone by my side that day as my maid of honor. (Takes Layla's hands) So breath.

Layla: (smiles) Sorry. I just want you guys special day to be perfect.

Olivia: It will be. And how you threw together this engagement party for us, I already know you will make sure a single detail isn't missed. Right now have some fun and relax.

Layla: (smiles) Will do. (Walks away)

Olivia and Layla were able to mend their friendship during college. They had an open and honest conversation about all the events that had ever transpired in their friendship. After mending their broken friendship, they became closer than they have ever been.