Welcome Home

Olivia looked around at the new and improved Slauson Cafe or Layla's. She was taken aback by Layla's changes to their old Crenshaw hangout. Liv couldn't be happier for her friend's new journey. She could only hope her latest journey was blissful with her return home.

"So, what do you think of the place?" Jordan asked, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"Layla did an excellent job. It still has touches of Slauson but with a few of Layla. I like it."

"Yeah. She's been excited about this ever since she decided to buy Slauson. Glad you could make it home in time for the opening."

The twins grabbed a beverage from the bar. Liv's eyes darted around the room, hoping to come in contact with the chocolate eyes she adores. Jordan ranted on and on about Layla's new business partner. Olivia sensed her twin's jealousy started to show. Did he not trust his fiancee? Or didn't he not trust that he was enough?

"Much as I love to hear you rant, I need you to get over yourself. Layla chose you! She's marrying you! I thought she had a little more sense, but clearly not." Olivia expressed to her twin.

"I don't know if I should be hurt or offended." Jordan eyed his twin, sipping his drink.

"Neither dummy. Just stop being an idiot and doubting what you two have. That's how messed up your last marriage, might I add."

"Touché."

"Get out of your head."

Out of the perviline of his eye, Jordan saw Spencer and Coop.

"The same can be said for you twin."

She glanced in Spencer's direction. He had not made immediate eye contact with her. Olivia took one final gulp and wiped her sweaty palms on her dress. Her heart beat faster the closer he got. Olivia silently prayed, hoping his reaction to her homecoming was precisely what she dreamed of so many nights.

"What y'all think of the place?" Jordan asked Spencer and Coop.

"It's dope. Still got some touches of Crenshaw. Not over-the-top bojuee." Coop stated, looking around at her old stomping ground.

"Layla did her thing with this, J," Spencer replied, going in for their signature handshake. "Wish Liv was here. I know she wouldn't want to miss this."

"Well, aren't we in luck?"

Jordan smirked, stepping aside and revealing his twin. Time stood still as the two distant lovers gazed into each other eyes. Olivia gave her best shy schoolgirl smile. She tried her hardest to read Spencer's expression. Was he happy that she was home? Upset that she didn't tell him that she was coming home early? Have things changed between them? Did he hold any resentment with her extending her stay in London?

"Welcome Home, Liv," Coop spoke up, hugging Olivia.

"I thought you weren't coming home until tomorrow?" Spencer had finally found the courage to speak up.

"Yeah, that was the plan, but I wanted to surprise you."

Before Spencer could reply, Layla had made her way on stage, welcoming everyone. To say Patience's comeback performance was a success would be an understatement. She had frozen entirely and ran off stage. Coop decided to come out of retirement to save the night.

Every seizing opportunity for Spelivia to speak one-on-one came with interruption after interruption. The first night home was not what Olivia had thought in her mind. Maybe things between her and Spencer had changed entirely. She scanned over all the decorations set up for her welcome home celebration. Liv's eyes drifted to the front door, hearing it open and close.

Time froze once again as they took in each other.

"Nice hair, by the way." Spencer shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Nice of you to notice." Liv smiles.

"London looks good on you. You look happy. Refreshed."

"Yeah, it was an experience. Look at you, superstar. GAU Golden Boy. You have been blowing up in the media."

Spencer smiles and nods.

"It's been crazy. I've been pulling in all of these different directions. I just want to play the game I love, Liv."

"You are playing the game you love. Just on a different level now. Remember, this is your dream, Spencer."

"Yep. Just my dream is missing something."

"What's that?"

"My dream girl....Liv, I have missed you like crazy."

"I missed you too."

"I'm not going to lie; I wasn't thrilled when you said you were extending your stay. But I understand and know why you had to do it. You did this for you, and I couldn't be more proud of you, baby. I hope London was everything that you dreamed of."

"It was. And I can't wait to tell you everything, but that's another day. Right now, all I want to do is spend time with my man."

"Your what?"

"My man."

Olivia grins, pulling Spencer closer to her. He cups her face, bringing it closer. After waiting for a decade, they shared a passionate kiss. Both mumbling I love you and miss you between kisses: nothing or no one to interrupt this moment.

"We got to talk about you surprising your man. I had this whole elaborate plan for tomorrow."

"Just trying to be more spontaneous."

"Well, I need you to act surprised tomorrow. Everything is set in motion. London has made you very spontaneous."

"Yep, and other things." Her eyes filled with lust. Spencer bit his lip.

"Say less. But first," he enclosed his arms around her waist. "Welcome home, Baby."

"So much better than my dream."

She squeezed him back. She was finally home.

Just a quick little something. The sneak peak gave me a little inspiration!! My take on what Olivia's homecoming might be like. Nothing to fancy or dull. Just a little touch or go on what I would hope. Plus it's my birthday and wanted to treat you guys with a little present. Super excited that we're almost back home on Monday nights. Love you guys ❤️❤️❤️.