Extra Special Christmas

Just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ring, tingle tingling too

"Okay, a little more to the left." She scrunches her face up at the placement of the tree. "You know what, I think it needs to be moved to the right."

"This is the second time you've been indecisive. Make up your mind." He began to get frustrated with the constant changes. They had been at this all day. More so him, while his better half-handed out orders.

"Just a little to the right. And I promise this will be the last time."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes!"

"I'm not moving this tree until you're a hundred percent sure. Once I move it, that's it!"

"I'm a thousand percent sure. Now, please move the tree. Please."

"You're lucky. I love you....a lot." Moving the tree as requested. Seeing her gleeful made his heart full. He would do anything to keep that smile on her face forever.

"Why aren't I just lucky?" Giving a soft peck to his cheek. "Everything looks perfect." Taking a moment to observe their hard work. Vibrant colors of red and green complimented the ambiance. Twinkling lights twinkled across the fireplace mantle. Christmas filled the air.

"Now that everything is to your liking, ready to start decorating this bad boy?"

They worked diligently placing ornaments on the tree, sharing laughter between each task, recounting fond memories whenever they came across a sacred ornament. This Christmas was extra special for the James household.

"Wanna tell me why you are being so extra this Christmas? I know you love this holiday, but I have never seen you get this extra for Christmas." Spencer glanced over at his wife.

"I wouldn't say I'm being extra. Christmas this year is extraordinary. Is it a bad thing that I want it to be?" Olivia glances at Spencer.

"No, but you've been a mad woman wanting everything to be perfect. And I know in that big head of yours, there is a reason why."

"I see we're quite the comedian today. "

"Alright, why are you going so hard about Christmas this year?"

"This is our first official Christmas together. I want it to be a memory of a lifetime."

"Our first official Christmas as a married couple was three years ago."

"Yeah, but not with Penelope."

"We celebrated with her last year."

"True, but this year is different! She's officially Penelope James. I want it to be extra special for her. "

Penelope Rose stole the hearts of Spencer and Olivia almost two years ago. The young married couple have always dreamt of expanding their family someday. Practice makes perfect, and a lot of practicing was happening for them. A close contact of Liv's had asked if they would be interested in being foster parents. It took a whole lot of convincing Spencer. Once those brown eyes met theirs, everything changed. What was supposed to be a couple of months turned into them adopting her.

"Can't believe she's our." Spencer smiles to himself. "It's crazy how she was just one when we got her, and now she's this beautiful, smart two-year-old. That little girl makes me fall in love more every day."

"Hey! I thought I made you fall in love more every day?" A slight pout formed on her lips. He smirks, softly pecking those lips that are reserved just for him.

"You do. So does Pen. Both of my girls have my heart."

Sighing to herself. Olivia looked over at their family portrait on the mantle. They had done a whole family photo shoot when they got word from their lawyer that the adoption was final. It was one of the most incredible days of their lives.

"We're back!" Grace Carter's voice sings through the front door. Bushels of curls darted past Grace into the waiting arms of her mother.

"Hi, Princess!" "Mommy." Hiding her face in the crook of Olivia's neck. Olivia and Spencer didn't create Penelope, but she was definitely a spitting image of Liv. "Did you have fun with Gigi?" The toddler nodded, snuggling deeper into Liv.

"Pen, I thought we were better than that! You just forgot about Daddy!" Penelope giggled, rushing into the arms of her daddy. The biggest smile grew on Olivia's face, watching Spencer be the girl dad she always knew he would be. "Whatcha think about the decorations? Mommy went all out this year."

"Pretty!" Her eyes glistened with joy. Fascination took over her curious mind. "Santa!" Penelope exclaimed, pointing at Santa Claus by the fireplace.

"Just a few more sleep, and he will be here to see you," Olivia states, tapping her baby girl's nose. "She wasn't a handle full, was she?"

"No trouble at all. We watched movies, built a gingerbread house, and even baked cookies." Grace enjoyed every second of quality time that she got with her grandchild.

"Ooo, cookies. Did you make some for Daddy?" Spencer sent kisses over her face, sending her into a fit full of giggles. "Let's go get you cleaned up. Daddy's taking all of his girls out for dinner!"

He placed the toddler on his shoulder and twirled them towards the staircase. Both of the women smiled at the two peas in a pod.

"Thank you again for taking Penelope for a couple of hours. She loves her Gigi."

"No problem. Gigi loves her baby. Have you told him yet?"

"No. I'm going to wait till Christmas Day. I hope he'll be excited."

"He'll be over the moon. Trust me."

Sweet Christmas aroma filled the James household. The little family settled by the Christmas tree, opening gifts. Penelope was thrilled with each gift that she unwrapped. Just seeing her smile was enough for both Spencer and Olivia.

"Think we have covered all the gifts," Spencer stated, picking up the wrapping paper.

"You forgot one gift."

He glanced under the tree to see a small gift box.

"I thought we said a two-gift minimum this year?" He took the gift from under the tree.

"Yeah, but this gift is extra special."

"You've been saying that a lot lately."

"Just open the gift."

Like a child, he shook the box before opening it. Spencer's lip curled into a smile as he read the note, but as he went further, his mouth hung open.
He removed the note and saw the digital pregnancy test and sonogram staring at him.

"Merry Christmas, Daddy." Olivia shyly giggled.

"We're having a baby?! H-how far along are you?"

"7 weeks. It was so hard not to tell you before."

"So this is why you've been this Christmas is extra special this year." Olivia nodded her head.

"I know that every Christmas we spend together is special, but we're growing our family, making it more special. I want this memory to last a lifetime." Spencer smiles and kisses her.

"You hear that, Penelope? You're going to be a big sister. What do you think about that?"

"Merry Christmas!" Penelope happily cheered. The parents laughed at her cuteness.

"Merry Christmas, baby girl." Both parents stated, kissing her cheek.

Merry Christmas!!! Just a little something for you guys! It's not much, but I tried. Writers block is kicking my butt here lately. I really want to get Mine completed but having a hard time. Send lots of positive vibes. I do miss writing for you guys! A lot! Can't wait to start back reviewing All American. I've been a Spelivia binge here lately!! Love you guys ❤️❤️.