Forgotten Day

"Yes......un huh........yep, just leave it on my desk."

She was walking into the house on a last-minute work call. Gentle pecking the cheek of her husband, who was currently looking at a play.

"I will make sure to review it first thing in the morning. Is there anything else I need before I call it a day? Okay great. See you tomorrow."

Breathing a sigh of relief at the call coming to an end, tossing her phone onto the table and kicking off her heels. She plopped down next to her man.

"Hard day?" Glancing at her and returning his attention to the television screen.

"You don't even want to know the half. Let's not talk about work."

"That's coo-"

"It's like nobody would stay out of my hair today. I spent most of the day in my office! My so-called assistant forgot to give me articles to review. So I'm so behind. I might have to pull an all-nighter to read some of the articles I brought. It's okay if we skip out on sex tonight. Then, I forgot about the whole staff meeting I had called for! The day couldn't be worse, but it did."

As she blabbed on and on about her terrible day, he sat trying to wrap his mind around her latest comment.

"Did you say no sex tonight?"

"Spencer focus. I'm talking about how terrible my day was, and you're worried about sex."

"You kinda threw that comment in there, so I needed clarification. So are you asking if it's okay if we can skip it tonight or telling me?"

Olivia starts to giggle at how oblivious her husband could be at times. The one important quality that attracted her to him was he could make her laugh after the worst day ever, and she would completely forget why the day was horrible.

"I see what you did there. Slick moves, Mr. James."

Flashing his award-winning smile, "I do what I can. Does that mean we're on for cat-cow pose tonight?"

"Shut up." Olivia took a pillow and threw it in his face. On the outs of being a little hangry, she scavenged the pantry. "What do you want for dinner?" Popping her head outside the door.

"Take out?" Never drawing his attention away from the screen.

"Or I could cook something." Continuing on her quest in the pantry.

"Hell No." muttering to himself a little bit too loud.

Olivia popped her head out once again. "Did you say something?"

"I was talking about this play." Spencer pointed at the screen. "I-I-I didn't like the play."

She scrunched her eyebrows at her husband. Liv knew him like an open and knew he disagreed with her cooking. She wasn't a terrible cook, but she wasn't the best. There were good days, bad days hits and misses. You name them.

"I know you were talking about me cooking. It's fine! I will order us sushi. Is that okay with you?"

"Long as you're not cooking it, it's fine with me." Leaning over and pecking her cheek. Liv rolled her eyes.

"For the season to be over, you have been spending a lot of time watching game film." Making slight eye contact before looking back at her phone.

"Baby, you know I have to stay in the zone. Figure out where we went wrong this season and how we can improve the next. I'm trying to bring home a ring, and I ain't stop until I do."

"Hello, Mr. MVP, three times in a room. And one of those years was your rookie year. An American player in high school. Heisman Player in college. You literally helped GAU win two championships back to back. You're definitely well on your way to that Super Bowl ring."