Mines (pt.5)

They came down from their high. Deattaching and going their separate ways to mingle with their families and friends and stealing soulful glances. The baby growing inside moved around and kicked. She felt the separation of her parents and the longing in her mother's heart. Crazy how an unborn child feels all the emotions you feel.

"Olivia.....Liv......Olivia." Simone called out to her best friend. Snapping her fingers in front of her face. Nothing. "I know you're not zoning out on me! What are you even looking at? Hello?"

Her eyes traveled, finding what held those brown eyes of Olivia's. Bingo! Spencer James, from afar, kept Olivia Baker's eyes. With countless FaceTime calls and daily messages, Simone knew Liv's strong desire to work through her estranged relationship with Spencer. It pained her to see Liv in this position.

"You know, instead of staring, you could pull him aside to talk." No response. Olivia stood still, staring. "I know you hear me talking to you."

"We kissed," Olivia spoke, breaking her silence.

"Okay. The whole backyard pretty much saw it. You two were tonguing each other down."

"Simone."

"I'm just saying." Simone shrugged her shoulders while Olivia inhaled and exhaled. "Stop the dramatics. Nothing is stopping you from talking to that man."

"Everything is stopping me." Tears welled up into the brim of Liv's eyes. Simone's whole demeanor changed. She embraced Olivia, soothing words of how brave and resilient she was and could do anything. "He really hurt me with this Mone. To my core."

"I know. I know. But he's trying to make things right. Meet him halfway."

"I have been meeting him halfway. It's...it's."

"Hey. Take your time, and just let it out."

"Simone, through this whole breakup, you've been my rock. I probably talked your ear off talking about Spencer."

"You have never lied." She giggles at her friend's astonished face. "But you know I'll take you talking my ear off any day instead of balling up your true feelings. Trust me, I know how hard breakups are, especially when you get divorced."

"Jordan and you stayed together after the divorce. It's not like you two had officially broken up."

"All that may be true, but when we did, it felt like an actual divorce—a painful one. During the bowl game weekend, I tried to get Spencer to open up about how he really felt about you guys ending things."

"You mean him ending things."

"Him ending things. The look in his eyes said it all. He doesn't want to lose you. You don't want to lose him. Right now is the better time to have those hard conversations. With baby girl coming, it's time to face the music."

Liv's heart skipped a beat. Her eyes gazed around, seeing all of their family and friends gathered to celebrate new life, beginnings, and memories. Spencer's smile. Oh, his smile could shine on this entire planet and her heart.

"Vortex Meeting!" JJ shouted in the backyard.

"Vortex meeting?" Simone asked, raising her eyebrows.

Olivia nodded, knowing when JJ said vortex meeting that this would be an easy get-together. They made their way over to listen to JJ's latest grand scheme.

"Campfire on the beach, our crib, tonight!" He stated excitedly. JJ took in the facial expressions. "Come on, guys."

"I have to study for an exam in my law class." Coop lied straight through her teeth.