Hurricane Liv

The rays of California's sunshine shined through the bedroom. Light snores filled the air, along with the ringing of an alarm. Brown eyes shoot open and groan, looking at the time. It was six in the morning. Sleep wasn't long enough these days, especially when it took a while to fall asleep finally.

His nose was tickled by the curls that were slightly on his face—gently removing himself not to make any sudden noises to wake the creature. Tiptoeing to the bathroom to wash away the sleep boogers and freshen the morning breath he had awoken with at dawn.

Glancing once more at the creature and the slow rise of their chest as they slept away. Throwing on a t-shirt and gym shorts before gathering his belongings. Checking one last time to make sure the coast was clear.

Placing his hand on the doorknob and making a slight turn but froze once the rustling sounds of the sheets contacted his ear.

"Spencer." The creature spoke groggily from their position in bed.

"Shh, Shh. Go back to sleep. I'll be back later." Placing a gentle kiss upon the creature's forehead, backtracking to leave a lingering kiss on their extended belly. She grasped onto his shirt, pulling him toward her.

"Baby, I got to go."

"Nope." Poking out her pouty lips, still in a deep slumber.

"Ba-the faster you let me go, the faster I'll be able to come back."

"Stay."

"I can't."

"Come back to bed." Forcefully pulling him back into the bed and comfortably wrapping herself back into him.

Spencer sighed deeply. This has been happening a lot lately. He rubbed her back, luring her back into a deep slumber.

He managed to make a silent escape. Breathing a sigh of relief. Still another morning of not being able to escape without going unnoticed.

"Sneaking away from Liv, I see."

The sound of another voice startled him.

"Damnit, Coop. Don't do that."

Coop chuckles, shaking her head. "Don't get your panties in a twist."

"I forgot you were evening staying here this week."

"Well damn, just forget about me then."

"I didn't mean it like that." Heaving a deep sigh. "Liv's been a lot lately."

"A lot, as in she's carrying your big-headed ass, kid."

"Don't remind me."

"Am I sensing attitude?"

"Sorry. I haven't been sleeping well lately. Olivia's mood swings have been on a thousand. If she's not being extra clingy, she's upset about me shooting my sperm in her." Sliding his palm down his face.

"Well, that's what happens when you do the nasty."

"Yeah, yeah. But I did manage to sneak out this morning. I can't speak for tomorrow. Yesterday morning she woke up in a rage and upset. Yelling and throwing things at me. Something about I'm embarrassed to be seen with her. I don't know." Spencer shook his head, remembering ducking and dodging for his life yesterday morning.

"Look at it like this; all of her craziness will be worth it when you're holding that kid in your arms." Shrugging her shoulders.

Two years into marriage, life was taking a turn for the James family. An expected visitor did not show up. Taking both young adults by surprise and wondering how they would manage parenthood. They allowed Liv to get out of her danger zone to tell anyone. Every part of pregnancy is critical, but the first trimester can be tricky.