Nervous

"Got a wild wind in my head, But the butterflies in my heart make it worth it. Yeah, I still get nervous."

-John Legend

Various silhouettes of ivory, eggshell, off-white, and white broadcasted through the shop. Laughter and cheerfulness could be heard in the atmosphere as the most significant event in one's life was creeping upon them. Final moments for dress fittings, making sure RSVPs were in order, the final cut of the playlist given to the Dj, and many other tasks that need to be finalized before the big day.

Grace James ran her nervous shaking hand over her simple but stunning wedding gown. Silently praying she wasn't getting cold feet from the big day ahead, which was short of a week away—thanking the heavens above for her village and their unconditional support.

"Are you ready, Grace?!"

"Just a minute."

Inhaling and exhaling before strutting out into the open. "Okay, ladies, what do you think?" Twirling around to give them a full view of the dress and fill the room with an ambiance of love in the air.

"Grace, you look stunning, Grace," Laura spoke up, clasping her hands together and smiling at Grace. They both came a long way.

"Carter Won't Be Able To Keep His Hands Off Of You!!!" Denise exclaimed, snapping her fingers.

"It's not too plain, is it?" Admiring herself in the mirror. Checking to make sure all the alterations came together just like she wanted.

"No, Ms.Grace, you look amazing. This dress screams you." Liv shyly smiled at Grace. She was happy to be a part of the wedding festivities even though she and Spencer weren't together.

"Thanks, Olivia."

"So, Miss. Olivia, when will we get to see you in a white dress? I know you and Spencer are hearing wedding bells." Laura and Grace shook their heads for Denise to stop talking. "What?! It's true!"

She forgot that everyone wasn't quite informed about the breakup. First, Grandpa Willy, Noah, and even Nurse Joy, who was informed of her power couple's departure.

"We're not together right now, Ms. Denise." Liv cleared her throat while shifting in her chair. Grace shot daggers into Denise's eyes.

She was shrugging her shoulders and offering my bad and sorry. Liv mumbled that it was fine, but it wasn't acceptable. They were supposed to celebrate a whole year together, her sobriety anniversary, and holidays, but when distance came about, it only made those celebratory moments seem so small.

"Mind helping me out with this veil, Olivia?" Always down to help Grace James whenever she called. She placed the veil on the bride-to-be's head and admired her.

"You're going to be the most beautiful bride Ms.James. There are such lucky men in your life."

"Yours as well." Taking note of the sadness in Olivia's voice. "Well, I think I got everything in order: the venue, Dj, decorations, dress, cake, and food. I'm just missing one important aspect of a good ole wedding. What's a bride without a maid of honor?" Looking at Olivia.

She was astonished by the shocking question. Liv stumbled over her words trying to make sense of what she was asked.

"You want me to be your maid of honor?"