Chapter 3

Sure enough, when the class bell rang, the principal’s voice was aired on the speaker. This time, only one sentence was said.

The second-rate Mandarin had a bit of kindness that it sounded funny.

But because this voice belongs to a dead person, it now became terrifying.

To add in particular, what he broadcasted over was suffocating.

“Those who did not kill anyone within three days will be executed.”

It only took a moment for the announcement, but silence had reigned everyone again.

The students inside the classroom were also quiet.

The hot sun was still shining outside the window, but people felt like they were falling into an ice cellar.

The fan above their heads creaked, becoming the only source of sound at the moment. The students looked at each other. They shuddered from the bottom of their hearts.

“Fake, fake. Are you serious? Heh, heh.” Liang Yifei laughed dryly twice, his laugh was uglier than a cry, “This joke is not funny at all––hey!”

Xie Chian stood up with his hands in his pockets.

Everyone was stunned. He was very noticeable. Liang Yifei stopped him: “Xie Chian, where are you going!”

Xie Chian came out of the room: “Broadcasting room.”

Liang Yifei quickly moved the chair to catch up: “I’ll go with you! I want to see who’s messing around!”

Due to the weird broadcast, no one dared to approach the broadcasting room now.

The door of the broadcasting room was open. Xie Chian and Liang Yifei walked in. There was no one inside. No tape recorder or anything like that was found. This scenario was not unexpected.

Xie Chian was not discouraged. He turned around and left the room.

Liang Yifei couldn’t keep up with his pace: “Hey, where are we going?”

“The security room. There’s surveillance there,” Xie Chian replied.

“Oh.” Liang Yifei followed Xie Chian to the security room at the school gate. His eyes had straightened before he even got closer. “This gate, gate, gate, gate––” Why did the gate disappear?

“It’s just as you see.”

The vice-principal didn’t want the students to know that the gate had disappeared to slow the rumors down. But now that the second mysterious broadcast was aired, it’s obvious that something was wrong. There was no need to hide the gate.

Xie Chian wanted to check the surveillance before, but he didn’t have the time. There were no canteen and cleaning staff on Monday morning. The guards were on leave. The entire school only had 2008 teachers and students.

Xie Chian knew that the guard was off-duty today. It was because he usually said hello to the guard every time he entered and exited the school. The guard recognized him. Their relationship could be considered good and he always said these two greetings. So Xie Chian knew that the guard was not on duty this Monday. He was also the one who helped open the school gate and surveillance early in the morning.

At least, until the flag-raising ceremony, the school was still fine.

Xie Chian selected a monitor and found that at 7:38 in the morning, the gate suddenly became a wall.

It was not made by a human as it happened in just the spur of a moment.

Calculating the time, it occurred when the principal died during the flag ceremony.

Liang Yifei was stunned: “Are we really living in hell?”

Xie Chian checked what was happening in the corridor of the broadcasting room at that same time, but nobody was seen entering or leaving. It stands to reason that there still needed to be students in order to play the national anthem in the broadcasting room. However, no one came out until the end. He adjusted the time to before the flag-raising ceremony, but he found that no one had gone in at all.

So the question was, who played the music during the flag ceremony?

There were too many problems, but looking at the surveillance made one more confused. Xie Chian returned the screen back to real-time monitoring: “Let’s go back.”

He was about to leave the security room when his eyes suddenly narrowed: “Wait a moment.”

“What did you find again?” Liang Yifei followed Xie Chian’s gaze, and his blood froze.

In the surveillance screen, a girl was lying on the ground with a knife in her chest.

Probably dead.