Chapter 16

“What are you doing? What’s going on?!” With a heart-piercing exclamation, the vice-principal’s round body appeared clearly in Xie Chian’s line of sight.

Following behind him was Teacher Deng. She also saw the chaotic supermarket and the crowded sea of people. She was stunned on the spot.

“Have you paid! Don’t you pay for things you get? One by one, you bastards turned everything upside down, you need to leave money!” The vice-principal was crying out in pain, but no one paid him any attention.

Liang Yifei muttered: “When all you are thinking about is money…” At this time, money was just a pile of waste paper.

Xie Chian tilted his head to look at him: “Because what you have stolen is not yours.”

The small supermarket was opened by Teacher Deng, and the vice-principal was her husband. Of course, he felt distressed.

Liang Yifei: “…” He was speechless.

Xie Chian watched for a long time. When the crowd gradually dispersed, he did not leave.

“Xie-ge, don’t you want to go?” Liang Yifei asked, “There is no one inside.”

From the angle that they were standing at, it could be seen that all the people in the supermarket had gone. Only the empty shelves stood there silently.

It was like when a whirlwind had swept away the scattered clouds, even the dregs weren’t left behind.

Xie Chian did not move: “Wait.”

Liang Yifei didn’t know what he was waiting for.

Inside the supermarket, the looting students disappeared. Another student was lying on the ground, dying.

Teacher Deng hurried over and squatted down: “Are you alright?”

The student raised his face, his mouth was full of blood.

There was a stampede just now, and this boy was the victim.

Teacher Deng was alarmed. Just as she was about to take out her mobile phone to call an ambulance, she realized that the call can’t be made now and the ambulance couldn’t get in.

“What to do, what to do.” Teacher Deng was in tears, “This kid is still so young…”

The boy opened his mouth, as if he wanted to say something. After opening his mouth for a long time, he lowered his head without saying anything.

Teacher Deng was stunned, and then she let out a scream.

“What the hell are you screaming about!” the vice-principal said angrily.

“He, he is dead…”

“Dead is dead, were there only few people who died today? Death is good, that guy Zhang Jian died so I can be the principal!” The vice-principal paced back and forth, grabbing his bald head with irritation. He faced the ransacked shelves while beating his chest, “Now the important thing is who pays for my loss! Everything is gone!”

“What are you talking about?” Teacher Deng was in disbelief, “People are dead, yet you still care about money, about your position?

“Otherwise, what would I care about?!” the vice-principal roared.

Teacher Deng shook her head and took two steps back, looking like she was struck.

“Uh……”

It was not known where the low groan suddenly came from.

Teacher Deng followed the sound and found that there was a student lying on his stomach behind the innermost shelf. He was slowly crawling forward, trying to reach a piece of bread left in the corner.

There were also a few footprints on his white school uniform, but he had better luck than the other boy. He didn’t hurt his muscles, nor had his life been taken, but he couldn’t stand up.

Teacher Deng quickly helped him to sit down on the chair, picked up the bag of bread on the ground, and handed it to him: “Are you okay? Take off your clothes and let’s have a look.”

The boy took of his jacket, and when the clothes inside were lifted up, his back was bruised.

“You have to go to the school infirmary!” Teacher Deng exclaimed, “The school doctor is not here now… but the infirmary should still have some medicine for bruises. You wait, I will get it for you.”

The boy was silent, tearing open the bag of bread and swallowing.

Tears streamed down while he was eating.

The vice-principal recovered his mind after a while and strode over: “What did you give him the bread for? What do we eat since you gave him that?”

“But then you can’t let students stave…”

“Did these bastards save us some?!” the vice-principal pointed to the shelves and yelled.

The boy flinched.

Teacher Deng was also annoyed, her voice became louder: “Do you have to be such a teacher!”

“What teacher? Should the teacher need to die for the students?” The vice-principal shouted and shoved Teacher Deng.

The boy who was sitting on the chair squeezed the bread tightly, wanting to get up, but he hissed again, frowning in pain.

The vice-principal didn’t think it was enough, wanting to fight again, but was blocked by a slender figure.

“Teacher, isn’t it bad to hit people?”