Chapter 17

Xie Chian stood in front of Teacher Deng. His tone was very polite, but his eyes were a bit cold.

“…Xie-ge!” Liang Yifei also hurried in.

“Xiao Xie?” Teacher Deng was taken aback when she saw the young man’s back.

As the number one in the third grade of high school, he was the most likely to be the provincial champion in the college entrance examinations and will add honor to the school. Xie Chian had always been important in the teachers’ eyes.

The vice-principal relented a little, but was still angry: “Student Xie, this is a matter between teachers, don’t interfere.”

Teacher Deng stopped talking and she took out a key: “Forget it, Xiao Xie… there is still some stock in the warehouse, we can’t afford to be hungry.”

She was obviously unwilling to talk about family matters too.

Although the vice-principal and Teacher Deng were married for many years, their relationship was not good. Seeing the skill of the vice-principal in hitting people, it seemed that even domestic violence was common…

As the saying went, family shames should not be spread abroad. It was understandable that Teacher Deng did not want outsiders to see the situation. Xie Chian paused, then walked away.

The vice-principal snorted coldly.

Xie Chian knew the location of the supermarket warehouse. He once helped Teacher Deng move a few boxes of drinks into the warehouse… Yes, Xie Chian, who was like a flower of Gaoling was such a helpful person.

The key to the warehouse was in the hands of Teacher Deng. She moved a shelf and several empty boxes, revealing a door. Teacher Deng inserted the key into the keyhole and opened the warehouse.

There was indeed some stock in there, but not much, only enough for a dozen people to eat for seven days.

For 2000 people… it was a dream.

Xie Chian glanced over and said solemnly: “Teacher Deng, don’t let others know about this place.”

If this place spreads… not many people can live, but many people will die.

Xie Chian did not want something to happen to Teacher Deng.

It was rare for Teacher Deng to see Xie Chian having such a serious expression. The look on this teenager’s face was always unconcerned.

The vice-principal interrupted: “That is for you to say, I won’t give the bastards even a little bit!”

As soon as Xie Chian shot a look at him, the vice-principal trembled and said nothing more.

Why was this kid’s gaze so terrifying?

Xie Chian stepped forward and whispered to her ear: “If you can’t tolerate it, you can give it away secretly. Don’t be seen by others, and don’t say you still have some.”

Teacher Deng hesitated for a moment and nodded.

Xie Chian turned his head and asked the boy who was sitting in the chair: “What is your name?”

The boy replied in a low voice: “…Tong Yihui, freshman.” Before Xie Chian could speak, he consciously said, “Don’t worry, I won’t tell.”

Tong Yihui raised his eyes. Those eyes were like his name, the starry eyes were brilliant and shining. With his shaken expression at this moment, like a trembling star, the light shone, beautiful and pure.

His original ordinary appearance was enhanced by these eyes.

Xie Chian stared at those eyes for a while, and said to Liang Yifei, “Let’s go back to the classroom.”

“Xiao Xie.” Teacher Deng stopped him, “You can get something to eat.”

Xie Chian shook his head: “I have eaten.”

Leave the food to those who need it more.

Xie Chian and Liang Yifei returned to the classroom. The students in the classroom saw that they were empty-handed, their expressions were subtle for a moment.

If they remembered correctly, Xie Chian and the others had not eaten for two meals.

Xie Chian was willing to help others and got along with them well. But with this matter of life and death, his good popularity couldn’t help him. No one gave him any food anymore, and even sped up their swallowing silently.

Besides, many people in the classroom did not get food.

Two meals worth of hunger were still within people’s tolerance, but tomorrow… no one wanted to think about it.

A day was a day.

Time really was difficult.