Chapter 73

On the second floor of the training building, a pair was hiding in the corner of the corridor. These two were the male and female students that Xie Chian met in the morning. Behind them was a dead end.

"That lunatic with the kitchen knife!" The girl gritted her teeth, "How did we happen to enter this building!"

The boy pressed his index finger to his lips. He motioned for the girl to be silent.

They didn't have a weapon that was stronger than the other's knife. They could only outsmart him.

The girl frowned. She was a little impatient already. The boy patted her shoulder comfortably.

Ye Zehao from the third year, Class 3. Ye Zeyu from the third year, Class 9. Only a few people in the year knew that they were a pair of twins.

Fraternal twins were already not similar in the first place. Let alone twins that was a man and a woman. Both of them were quite delicate, but they had completely different auras. The surname Ye was not uncommon. No one would connect them together. Even if people occasionally see them walking together, they would only think that these two were lovers.

Almost at the beginning of this chaos, Ye Zehao went to find his sister. Neither of them was kind. It was even harder to deal with them if they were together. They were both physically fit and their hearts were hard enough. They found murder targets in three days, both of them killed one each, and took their food.

But that little food was just a drop in the bucket for these two. Nowadays, they had not much stamina left due to their hunger. There was no chance of winning against the lunatic who slashes at people.

Their weapon was just a baseball bat. If they encountered someone who chops people up, they will be cut off without even counting a minute of meeting the man.

As the shoe sole touched the ground, it made a "da da" sound in the long corridor. The sound was approaching the two people hiding in the corridor step by step. The fat boy was carrying a kitchen knife. He had a crazed look. There was still blood on the knife which had not dried up yet and was still dripping to the ground. The boy was blinded by bloodlust. His eyes were scanning the surroundings dangerously. As long as a target was found, he would chop them into meat sauce.

Plop, plop––

The sound of a beating heart.

Ye Zeyu opened her eyes slightly. She looked at Ye Zehao silently with a trace of anxiety in her eyes – he's here.

Ye Zehao remained calm on his face. However, the cold sweat dripping from his forehead revealed that his heart was not at peace at the moment.

His eyes suddenly glanced on the fire extinguisher showcased in the wall.

The hammer beside the display window had been taken away, but Ye Zehao had a baseball bat.

Thanks to the fire drill organized by the school before, Ye Zehao knew how to use fire extinguishers. The problem now was that the time was running out.

In the path that the slasher man will take walking in the corridor, he will use the baseball bat to smash the window. He will then take out the fire extinguisher, shake it evenly, unplug the safety plug, and press it to open.

And starting from the first step of breaking the window, the slasher man will change from walking slowly to sprinting towards them...

Will it be too late?

All this thinking was done only in milliseconds. Ye Zehao had already raised the baseball bat and smashed the window where the fire extinguisher was placed.

"Thump!" Due to the extremely loud sound of smashing, the slasher man had heard the movement and ran over immediately. It only took less than three seconds for him to run a distance of more than ten meters. The kitchen knife in his hand was ready to be used.

When he was about to turn, a boy suddenly rushed out of the corner and spouted the fire extinguisher's contents in his eyes.

The thick gray mist swept over the place in an instant. The slasher man coughed twice. He kept waving his hands through the smoke in front of his mouth and nose. Ye Zehao seized this opportunity. He pulled Ye Zeyu and ran out.

The slasher man slashed the air, but unfortunately, he didn't cut anything. When the thick fog cleared, the corridor was empty.

Standing alone, he looked at the fire extinguisher that was thrown on the ground. His eyes were angry.