Chapter 4

Both of them stared at the screen. For a long time, they remained silent.

The girl wasn’t there when they first came in. Just as they were checking the previous surveillance records, she died in this corridor.

Xie Chian clicked on the monitor and adjusted the time back to a few minutes.

5 minutes ago: There was no one to be seen.

3 minutes ago: The girl ran into the corridor panicking. A knife was already inserted in her chest.

She was frequently turning her head around, as if avoiding someone’s chase. She ran forward, likely looking for someone’s help. But since she was already injured, her so-called “running” was no different from simply moving slowly.

Blood flowed down to the floor and the girl staggered down to the ground. She still crawled forward desperately step by step, dragging a long trail of blood behind her.

In the end, she became exhausted and turned over her body. Her pupils gradually dilated. Her arms reached out towards the sky, as if wanting to catch something.

1 minute ago: The girl died.

Liang Yifei was shaking a little bit.

The principal’s death was instantaneous. Liang Yifei was also standing in the back row alone. He did not see it with his own eyes, so the impact on him was not that strong.

But now, he had personally seen a girl struggling to survive before dying.

This was not the news on television, nor a law-based newspaper. This was the school surveillance – the deceased was a schoolmate. She was still alive just a few minutes ago, and now she’s lying there coldly, devoid of life.

Liang Yifei’s lips trembled, as if wanting to smile, but he actually cried out: “This is not true…”

Originally, someone dying was already a terrifying matter. Combined with the psychological suggestion of the mysterious broadcast, one’s mentality was more likely to breakdown.

“Those who did not kill anyone within three days will be executed.”

Everyone who’ll see this corpse would think of this sentence.

Xie Chian’s hand was holding the mouse tightly. His fingers were curling up unnaturally.

“It’s true,” he whispered.

They were really participants of this deadly game.

Was he afraid? Naturally. Xie Chian was also a 17-year-old. At best, he was a little more calm and smarter than others, but he didn’t have any extra lives.

The murderer didn’t appear on the screen.

In real-time, the body of the girl in the monitor had been found. A group of people surrounded her. A teacher also tried calling the police – no need to think, it was obviously impossible to connect.

It happened in the building for second years. Xie Chian scrolled the mouse and checked the surveillance of the nearby areas. The girl belonged to a class in second year. She went outside of the classroom after the second mysterious broadcast aired and went to the direction of the toilets. When she reappeared in the monitor, she was running into the corridor in panic.

What happened in the middle?

However, the toilet areas had no surveillance cameras, so the murderer was not found.

“It’s terrible, terrible,” Liang Yifei muttered, “Did that mysterious man kill her?” He already had a psychological shadow over the mastermind behind that broadcast.

“It shouldn’t be possible,” Xie Chian shook his head. The mysterious man had the ability to seal off the campus and let the principal blew himself up in public. There’s no reason for him to let the girl run out while crying for help. It’s more likely that someone else had done it.

“That… that’s good,” Liang Yifei mumbled.

“What’s good about it? It only means that aside from that mysterious man, there is also a murderer hidden inside the school,” Xie Chian glanced at him.

Liang Yifei’s face was ashen: “I, I’ll go to the toilet. Xie-ge, you can accompany me.”

This situation was what it meant by ‘scared to pee.’

Xie Chian looked at his trembling appearance, and didn’t say anything.

His mood was a little heavy.

He didn’t voice out loud that after three days, everyone in the school who had remained alive will be murderers.

Will he be alive in three days?

Xie Chian was lost in thought.

Liang Yifei finished solving the problem in the toilet, closed his zipper and washed his hands: “Xie-ge, let’s go.”

His address to Xie Chian rose from the latter’s name to Xie-ge, which showed that Xie Chian’s calm attitude had conquered him.

Xie Chian hmm-ed and went back to the classroom with Liang Yifei.