Chapter 10

Xie Chian reacted the fastest. He stepped forward and squatted down, examining the breath of Huang Chenglong.

“Dead.”

His voice was faint, emotionless.

“Dead, dead?” Lin Chaowen cried out in alarm. He looked at Wang Wei and then at Huang Chenglong’s body, “This, this…”

Wang Wei had long stood frozen in place, eyes out of focus.

After a while, he looked at his hand that pushed Huang Chenglong, and said in a daze: “Dead? I, killed?”

“I, I didn’t want to kill him. I just didn’t want him to slander Teacher Song, I really didn’t want to kill him,” Wang Wei stared at his hand and cried-laughed, “I killed someone, I killed someone. Now… ah ah ah ah ah!!!”

Wang Wei rushed out of the classroom holding his head.

Song Qingyun glanced at the corpse on the ground. The body had already lost its blood.

For a long while, the class monitor said with difficulty: “Teacher, Huang Chenglong… what should we do?”

A corpse cannot be kept in the classroom. Who would dare stay inside then?

Song Qingyun didn’t know what to do.

Xie Chian said: “Teacher, I will move him to the storage room.”

The storage room of the school was a place where all kinds of useless things were piled up.

Song Qingyun was disoriented. When she heard Xie Chian speak, she just nodded carelessly.

Xie Chian stepped forward to carry the body. Huang Chenglong was 1.8 meters tall and he was taller than Xie Chian by four centimeters. Xie Chian was thin. Carrying a big man on his back, it seemed like he would be crushed at any moment.

Liang Yifei couldn’t just watch, so he went up and gave a hand, taking Huang Chenglong’s other arm, and hoisted him up.

Xie Chian gazed sideways.

Liang Yifei was scared to death, but still said: “Go, let’s go.”

Xie Chian lifted up the corner his lips gently.

Along the way, the two tried their best to avoid others. In fact, no one on campus dared to hang around outside.

“You’re not scared this time?” Xie Chian asked.

Before, Liang Yifei was so frightened and scared out of his wits that it can be remembered vividly. He suddenly even dared to support a dead body now. Xie Chian can’t help but feel surprised.

“Perhaps I’m scared, but not too much,” Liang Yifei said in a low voice, “After all, he was a classmate that I got along with for three years. Even though I usually don’t understand Huang Chenglong, but he died like this… To be honest, I feel a little uncomfortable…”

Xie Chian hmm-ed and replied: “It’s normal to be uncomfortable, and it will always feel like this if a familiar person dies.”

“Xie-ge,” Liang Yifei looked at Xie Chian, “What about you? Do you also feel uncomfortable?”

Xie Chian glanced at Liang Yifei and found that there was still a hint of tension in his eyes.

Xie Chian retracted his gaze: “If I say I’m very sad right now, would you believe it?”

Liang Yifei: “……Ah?”

His tone indicated that he didn’t believe it.

It was because Xie Chian’s expression was cold, his tone was light and relaxed, and his body showed no signs of shaking.

Xie Chian smiled: “Huang Chenglong lost his parents at a very young age. He was brought up by his grandmother. Now that his grandma is old, he has to work several jobs in order to feed two people. There was no time to make money if he didn’t skip classes. He didn’t hand in his cell phone so that he could call his grandma everyday and to hear reports about her condition. He dyed his hair yellow for work. He was born in the market and grew up in that kind of environment. So, naturally, he only spoke vulgar worlds but he had no bad intentions. With this fearful situation, if he can’t get out of school, he would end up dead. He was so angry because he was only worried that no one would take care of his grandma at home.”

He lowered his voice, “He’s dead, I feel very sad.”

Liang Yifei opened his mouth into an O.

This simply changed his perception.

“No, it’s not possible,” Liang Yifei stammered, “Then why did he never say it?”

“He has a strong self-esteem and he didn’t want people to know.”

“But Xie-ge, how come you know it?”

Xie Chian lowered his head: “I asked.”

As long as someone cared enough to ask, Huang Chenglong will say it. It’s just that he waited for three years and it was only Xie Chian who did so.

Song Qingyun was very concerned about his grades, but she had never asked about his family.

Liang Yifei was speechless.

Because he discovered that, aside from Xie Chian, no one would really pay attention to people like Huang Chenglong. In their eyes, Huang Chenglong was an idiot and will rot in the mud. The hopeless label was stuck until his death, and no one wanted to come close to him.

Huang Chenglong was a child who wanted to soar high like a dragon. But since Huang Chenglong was born in the mud, no matter how hard he struggled, he was just an earthworm who can easily die.

Liang Yifei thought that with Huang Chenglong’s death, Xie Chian would be the saddest in the class. It was just not obvious in the surface.