Chapter 47

Liang Yifei couldn’t imagine life without parents: “Then how did you survive these years?”

Huang Chenglong still had a grandma, but Tong Yihui really had nothing.

Tong Yihui said: “I grew up in an orphanage when I was a child. Mother Director was surnamed Tong, so we are all surnamed Tong. Mother Director said that she found me at the entrance of the orphanage on a starry night. When she saw me, she thought that the appearance of the child was very clean, and the eyes looked like stars.” He said this with a warm look, “So my name is Tong Yihui, Shining Bright, my nickname is Xingxing.” 

Liang Yifei listened quietly.

Tong Yihui also seemed to have not confided in people for a long time. He spoke very softly and carefully: “There are many children in the orphanage, and Mother couldn’t take care of everyone. Funds are also limited, we’re always hungry for a full meal. But I like it very much when every Chinese New Year, Mother Director will stick a red packet at the door, give a handful of candy for each child, and we eat dumplings filled with meat.”

“Later, it was work-study… sometimes I was really tired, and I can’t make it. Every time I see my classmates have parents picking them up after school, I can’t help thinking, where are my parents? I even thought, it would be fine if I didn’t come into this world. But Mother Director told me something.” Tong Yihui’s eyes gleamed slightly.

“She said that I am a star.”

“Stars will never fall.”

“Even if I will be swallowed by the boundless night, I still work hard to shine with a small light.”

Tong Yihui said in a longing tone: “I found my goal all of a sudden. I want to study hard and want to be outstanding. I want to enter a good university, earn a lot of money, and then give back to Mother Director. No matter how thin the light of the stars is, they can illuminate others. I have been working hard for this. Although I am not very smart…”

“Wait.” Liang Yifei asked, “How are your grades now?”

Tong Yihui said: “The top ten in year.”

Liang Yifei: “…” Our definition of “not very smart” may be different.

“I really like Teacher Deng, she reminds me of Mother Director.” Tong Yihui whispered.

Except from the Mother Director, Tong Yihui had never felt kindness since he was a child. Teacher Deng never knew that it meant so much to him when she helped an injured student and gave him food and medicine.

As they spoke of Teacher Deng, the two of them became speechless again.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the window.

The two in the classroom were startled at the same time. Liang Yifei turned his head to look. The vigilance on his face instantly turned into a surprise.

“Mi Xue!”

Standing outside the window was a young girl with fair skin and delicate appearance. She was the goddess Mi Xue that Liang Yifei had secretly loved for three years.

“Can you open the door? Someone is chasing me!” Mi Xue shouted anxiously.

Liang Yifei quickly opened the door: “Come in!”

Tong Yihui wanted to say something, but after thinking about it, he stopped.

Maybe they were familiar with each other. With such thoughts, Tong Yihui couldn’t ask Liang Yifei to be wary of the girl who appeared suddenly.

Compared to Liang Yifei, who had always been protected by Xie Chian, Tong Yihui, who survived alone for these two days, had a high guard against almost everyone.

Liang Yifei locked the door as soon as Mi Xue entered. He quickly pulled down the curtains, covering them tightly.

Mi Xue bent down and leaned on her knees. She panted: “Thank you, Liang Yifei.”

Liang Yifei was stunned: “Do you know me?”

“Yes, Liang Yifei from Class 1. I have known you for a long time.” Mi Xue straightened up and smiled.

Boom!

Liang Yifei seemed to hear the sound of fireworks exploding in his heart.