Chapter 18

At seven o’clock in the evening, Song Qingyun entered the classroom looking tired. Her hoarse voice announced: “The self-study is cancelled tonight. Everyone, please go back to the dormitory. Turn of the lights early… Pay attention to safety.”

Xie Chian noticed something strange in the last four words.

Another incident had happened in school?

Xie Chian had guessed right.

Ordinary people that were only hungry for one or two meals cannot kill people. Robbery had already exceeded their lower limit. But there were always people whose bottom line was lower than normal. The huge mental stress and the food shortage in the coming days could easily make some people capable of taking risks.

When the first person died, things had already spiraled out of control.

For the first time, the students did not cheer for not having to study late. They walked lifelessly on the road one by one, turning from humans into three main types – walking corpses, living dead, wandering souls.

There were eight people living in unit 502 – Xie Chian, Liang Yifei, Lin Chaowen, Zhang Ruifeng, Zhao Haojie, Qian Fu, Sun Quanyong, and Zhou Yiyan.

Liang Yifei collapsed on the bed as soon as he went back to the bedroom, too tired to move. He said: “Finally, I can rest. Today was really a mystical day, just like a dream. Alas, it feels so good to be lying down, just like returning home……”

Wasn’t it? Everyone’s nerves were tense for the whole day, and when they returned to the familiar dormitory, they relaxed a little.

“……That is my bed.”

Liang Yifei and Xie Chian were on the upper and lower bunks. Liang Yifei was on the upper bunk, but now he collapsed on Xie Chian’s bed.

“I am weak now and have no strength to climb up,” Liang Yifei said weakly.

“…” Xie Chian took the washbasin and went to the bathroom at the end of the corridor to wash. The others were still lying down on the bed, completely indifferent to washing their faces and brushing their teeth.

Xie Chian turned on the light in the bathroom, and it suddenly lit up. He put the basin in the sink, turned on the faucet, and the water came out.

There was no water or power outage, which was also good news.

As soon as Xie Chian thought about it, the water in the tap gradually became less until there was no water anymore. At the same time, the overhead light flickered and went out.

The whole building was in darkness.

Xie Chian: “……”

Alright.

There was a burst of exclamation coming from the corridor.

“Damn, what the hell? The power went out?” Zhang Ruifeng cursed.

“More than that,” Xie Chian walked in from outside, “The water stopped too.”

“….” There was silence.

This really was not good news.

“What should I do now if the power was cut?” Zhao Haojie sat up, “Sleep?”

Lin Chaowen was speechless: “It’s only half past seven, what do you sleep for?”

Wasn’t this group of people still awake until eleven o’clock after the lights had been turned off at nine?

“What can you do then?” Qian Fu muttered.

Lin Chaowen took out his mobile phone to illuminate, and the bright light shone on everyone. When Xie Chian was photographed, his skin was eerily white, standing there like a male ghost.

Lin Chaowen was taken aback: “Xie Chian, what are you doing standing there?”

Xie Chian: “My bed is occupied.”

The single bed in the bedroom was already small, and Liang Yifei’s position was too bold, so there was no place left for Xie Chian.

Liang Yifei hurriedly moved his body when he heard the words: “Xie-ge, if you please.”

Sun Quanyong suggested: “The atmosphere is just right after the power outage. Why not tell ghost stories together?”

Sun Quanyong was just as his name suggested. He was full of courage. At this time, he could still come up with nasty ideas.

Zhang Ruifeng and Liang Yifei were going to resist instinctively. They both had close contact with the dead today. Another ghost story could scare them to death on the spot.

But the first objection turned out to be from Zhou Yiyan.

“Don’t, don’t!” Zhou Yiyan trembled.

He was timid, thin, and not manly at all. He was almost isolated in the dormitory.

The boys didn’t deliberately target him, but Zhou Yiyan’s presence was too weak and easy to be ignored.

Xie Chian took care of him several times, only then the boys did not forget him. Zhou Yiyan took it to heart. Later, Xie Chian fell ill and was stuck in bed. He sent a note in the dormitory group chat asking for help to bring him a meal, but he forgot to @ people. As a result, he received seven copies of his roommates’ hearts… Zhou Yiyan’s share was the most expensive and cost him three days of living expenses.

A very good person.