2.1- Repulse Bay

After bouncing in the river for an unknown amount of time, Min Hui finally swam to the bank and climbed onto the bank. Regardless of being paralyzed, she ran to the road and stopped a car and asked the driver to call the police.

    After learning about the situation, the police immediately launched a search and rescue, and the fire brigade also arrived. They decided to split up into two groups: one team carried out a carpet search along the river bank, and the other team drove a speedboat to search back and forth on the river several kilometers away. . More than 50 people searched for more than two hours but did not find Li Chun Miao. After dawn, the search and rescue area was expanded to include more volunteers, and frogmen and salvage teams were called, but nothing was found. During the flood season, the water speed is three meters per second. It is difficult to survive in such waters unless she is a good swimmer.

    The police said that Li Chun Miao dared to dive into the water to save people, which means that the water quality is good, and she may still be alive. She may come ashore from other places, and then she will find a way to go home. Min Hui waited patiently.

    The members of the salvage team said that the water condition of the Mushui River is complicated, and it flows through countless rural cities along the way, and finally merges into the Dajiang River and flows to the East China Sea. If the person who fell into the water dies, he does not know where she will drift, and it is difficult to find the body. This kind of thing happens every year, let her prepare for the funeral.

    In the next three days, the police mobilized more rescue forces and went further downstream to salvage, but still found nothing. Min Hui was called to the police station for interrogation, where she registered and took notes. At the beginning, the police refused to rule out the suspicion of filing a criminal case.

  After all, she was the last person to see Li Chun Miao. No one knew what happened between the two of them. It could be sacrifice to save others, or murder for money. .

    However, the surveillance of the hotel showed that the two girls indeed walked out of the lobby one after the other; the front desk clerk also confirmed that Chun Miao asked Min Hui's whereabouts before leaving; the surveillance on the bridge captured the moment before she dived , took off a life buoy from the viewing platform, which was exactly the same as the one on Min Hui's body... In summary, it was classified as a "rescue accident" and treated as an accidental missing person. Min Hui has no responsibility here.

    The policeman who received her was surnamed Chen, a Cantonese, and everyone called him Sir Chen. Chen Sir reassured that the police would continue to search and inform her of new developments, but also let her be mentally prepared, after all, the golden moment of rescue has passed.

    In the past few days, Min Hui has hardly slept all night. During the day, she followed the rescue team to search around, and at night she stayed by her mobile phone, waiting for the latest news from the police. She repeatedly recalled what happened that day: Chun Miao jumped into the water resolutely, quickly found her, and lifted her out of the water twice, obviously with experience in lifesaving in water. Therefore, she had a fluke mentality. At this moment, according to Chen Sir's tone, Chun Miao's hope of surviving was not great.

    The heavy heart became even more panicked...

    Chen Sir said that the next focus is to confirm Chun Miao's identity and notify her family.

    Min Hui cooperated with the police to check Chun Miao's luggage to see if they could find something to prove her identity.

    There is very little luggage, just a few changes of clothes and travel supplies. The bulging little bag contained a bag of betel nuts and a packet of cosmetics, and the wallet and mobile phone were gone.