10.2

"buy it. "He clicked on the interface with his finger, "Look, here is a melon garden, 30 acres of land plus a two-story house, the price is negotiable, how about it?" 

    " Melon garden? what? "Min Hui was taken aback. She just said casually, and Xin Qi became serious.

    "We must earn money to live here, what are we going to do?" Xin Qi pointed to the picture above, "I can grow melons. We all love cantaloupe, especially you, who used to please the chef in the kitchen by asking him to cut pieces of cantaloupe for us to eat. We can run an orchard together. "

    "Really? "Min Hui looked up at him, no matter how she heard it, she thought it was a fool.

     "Really." 

    "Would you like to move here from New York? Cantaloupe? —Who are you kidding, Xin Qi? "

    "Yes! Didn't you agree, as long as we are together, I will follow you wherever you go. If you decide to settle here, all I can do... I am afraid is to grow cantaloupe. I'm not interested in other fruits either.

    "Why do I feel that this is unreliable? "

    "Then we can persuade our brother to go to New York together. " 

    —Our younger brother?

     "Can't go." Min Hui shook her head decisively. "

   " Why?" 

    "My brother is twenty-three this year. If he is still in Mingshui County, it is very unlikely that he can understand English." 

    "What about you?" How much do you know? Min Hui glared at him, and Xin Qi slapped his head: "I'm sorry, I forgot again. I agreed not to ask about it." 

    "It's almost time, let's go. " 

    "I informed the driver. "

    ***

    At 9:10, Min Hui and Xin Qi arrived on time at No. 107, XX Road, where Tong Tianhai lived—a dilapidated dormitory building. 

     Tong Tianhai was an old man in his sixties, with a round face, short and fat, he didn't like to lift his feet when he walked, and his slippers rattled on the floor. His face was fierce, with a red to purple rosacea nose in the middle, and his voice was thick and loud, as if there was phlegm in his throat.

    Tong Tianhai's adopted son is called Tong Minghao. According to the volunteers on the family-finding website, Tong Tianhai seems to be very protective of this adopted son, and all contacts are made by himself. Except for a few basic items registered on the website, everyone knows nothing about Tong Minghao's current situation: neither his education level nor his occupation or place of work.

    Tong Tianhai's room was a single room of less than fifteen square meters, and it was in a mess. There were old grease stains on the stove, but the floor was clean. It could be seen that it had just been mopped, and there were still streaks of watermarks on the floor.

    Min Hui looked around, only Tong Tianhai was in the room, not Tong Minghao.

    "Uncle Tong, are you alone at home?" Xin Qi took the coke that Tong Tianhai handed over, and took a sip.

    "Yes."

    "Where's your son?"

    "He hasn't lived with me these years."

    "Have you got married?" Min Hui asked.

    "No."

    "Working out of town?"