19.1-Zhou Ru Ji

For the first week on the job, everything went well.

    Min Hui's position is Team Leader, leading five programmers under her to do project design. AI medical imaging is the fastest field where AI enters medical care, and entrepreneurs flock to it. Although the business model is still unclear, hot money has been actively pouring in. As a well-established enterprise, "Yuan Lai Medical" did not want to miss this piece of fat, so it established Bai An Technology. The large company has abundant cash flow, and the research and development funds allocated are all generous. It is also in the upstream of the industry, with the support of data and equipment behind it, so it is easy to get started.

    The general manager He Hai Xiang has a technical background and has worked in the management for a long time. After a few conversations, Min Hui felt that his level was average and he was not very interested in new knowledge and trends in the industry, but the work assigned by the head office was still very caring. Keen on meetings, reports, and relationships. She is on the way to meetings almost every day, either in the company or out of town.

    Min Hui doesn't like He Hai Xiang very much, thinking that he is very successful, listens to wind and rain, and is a serious bureaucrat. But it's not too annoying, after all, such leaders are everywhere in the officialdom. 

  In addition, He Hai Xiang is a graduate of a military academy, and he always pays attention to organizational discipline. Although the company's male employees account for 83%, everyone dare not mess around.

    A greasy middle-aged man, this is how Min Hui defines him. Because the glass thermos in his hand is indeed inseparable, and it is indeed soaked with goji berries.

    Cao Mu is different. In addition to computer science, she also has an MBA degree. She has worked in the head office for five years in market development. She is both knowledgeable and capable, and very assertive. 

  Min Hui finally decided to choose Bai'an because she liked Cao Mu. After all, the turmoil caused by Cheng Qi Rang made her respect all male bosses at a distance.

    From the second week on, things happened one after another in the company.

    The customer service department called, and the system crashed many times in Bin Cheng Tumor Hospital, the largest customer of Bai An's flagship product "MIST". 

   Cao Mu sent several small teams to the site for repairs. The system could be used when the small teams were there, but once the small teams left, it broke down again within a day. After so many times, the customer finally got mad, called and yelled, and pulled out the terms of the contract, saying that if the settlement was not resolved within seven days, Bai An would return 30% of the total contract amount.

    He Hai Xiang was a little flustered, and hurriedly held a meeting to ask about the situation. 

    MIST is an AI-assisted automatic segmentation technology platform for liver lesions developed by Yuan Lai Medical. It is a product developed by the R&D Department of Yuan Lai for two years. After the establishment of Bai An, it was handed over to Bai An for operation. Because of the good results, it was soon sold to several large hospitals along with medical equipment.

    "The biggest problem is that Dong Hui, the project leader of MIST, has changed jobs." Cao Mu said, "Since he left, my heart has been fluctuating. He developed a set of algorithms to solve the problem of CT images of liver tumor lesions. Automatic segmentation, the accuracy rate at that time was quite high. When he left the job, he had a heated argument with the boss, and now it is impossible to get him back after major repairs."

  When she said this, she glanced at Min Hui and asked Said: "Min Hui——"

    Min Hui deliberately sat in a remote corner because of her early pregnancy reaction. She was startled when she heard someone calling her in a daze, and quickly said, "Here!"

    Everyone present laughed.

    "What are you laughing at? What's so funny!" He Hai Xiang yelled, "You're still laughing when you can't wait!"

    "How's your health?" Cao Mu said, "Can you go?"

    She had long wanted to send Min Hui, but It was a cancer hospital, and she was pregnant again, so she never had the nerve to speak.

    "Okay, I'll go now." Min Hui stuffed the laptop into the small bag.

    "Wait, can you fix it? To the point where the hospital is no longer angry with us?" He Hai Xiang asked. After all, the male doctors sent in front all failed.

    "It is impossible to completely repair it in such a short period of time. We can only repair it as much as possible so that the system can run first, and then come back to think about countermeasures."

   Min Hui said.

    "Seven days. Can you finish it within seven days?"

    "Yes."

    "How many people do you need to go with you?"

    "I can go alone."

    Hearing this, the others in the room felt somewhat uncomfortable, feeling like idiots.

    He Hai Xiang was silent for a moment, then suddenly stared into Min Hui's eyes and said, "Arrogance is a disease, and it needs to be cured. If you can't do it, say it now, and we'll find someone else. I know quite a few masters in this field. There is a doctor in the Affiliated Hospital of Huaqing University The team is also working on this thing, and the person in charge has a good personal relationship with me, so it’s okay to come here and give them some extra money."

   " My arrogance is honesty. Honest arrogance is better than false humility."

    Min Hui quietly Smiling, she stood up with her bag in her hand, "What do you think?"

    "If you can't do it in seven days, don't blame me for deducting your year-end bonus. "

   On the fifth day morning, she went back to the company for a meeting and said that the problem was temporarily fixed, and the hospital should stop calling in a month or two.

    Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

    "Dong Hui can be regarded as a veteran, what exactly does he do?" Cao Mu asked.

    "Many bugs. MIST has many problems in data preprocessing and model design, and the selection of loss function, post-processing and refinement are not fine enough. The key is that the algorithm for turning 2D images into 3D is not good enough." While talking, Min Hui saw He Hai Xiang’s face getting darker and darker.

   After all, MIST is something he is proud of. It’s not good if his own evaluation is too negative, so he said, “However, MIST has done a good job in data! Rich materials, high standards, and a solid foundation. In a project like this, the value of the data is greater than the value of the algorithm itself. If the data is not good, no matter how smart the algorithm is, it will not work."

   "Then what should we do next? Rewrite it completely ? "

    He Haixiang took a sip of tea and looked at her, "Senior has already been described as useless by you."

    "If there is no redesign, a large customer like a cancer hospital will use more things, and the problem will appear again. Every bug is a potential hidden danger. If similar products appear on the market, and the design is more optimized than ours, the hospital will give up MIST and buy someone else’s system.” Min Hui said, “If it is entrusted to me, I will need a team of five people, and it will take about half a year to a year. I can design a system in the past few days. API, write a prototype."

    "Then let's start quickly." Cao Mu said with a smile, "Bei Bei, did you buy the decaf coffee I asked you to buy last time?"

      "Yes!"

    Yang Bei Bei Said, "For this decaf coffee, I bought a new coffee machine."

    Min Hui looked at Cao Mu and smiled.

    After the meeting, Cao Mu walked to Min Hui's side and said, "Come to my house for a light meal tonight?"

    "Sure."