15.1-Valley Flower Fish

Min Hui is a full-fledged house girl, so far she has never traveled all over the world in such a short period of time. Except for her hometown, she has never been to places north of Beijing or south of Shanghai.

    She and Xin Qi rushed from Harbin to Kunming non-stop. After getting off the plane and taking a bus for three hours, they arrived in Xingshui County. The two booked a room in a hotel near the station and slept for one night. The next morning Come to the lobby and ask the waiter at the front desk how to get to Anya Village.

    "It's not far, about 50 minutes by bicycle." The front desk said.

    "Can taxis go in?"

    "There are no taxis nearby. Why don't you go ask on the street to see who passes by Anya, and give them some money to give you a ride."

    The two walked on the street for a while . They circled around and found a tricycle. The owner of the car was an uncle in his fifties who happened to be passing Anya and was willing to give them a ride. Xin Qi gave him a hundred yuan. The two then sat on the wooden plank in the back seat, one on the left and one on the right, squeezed together with a pile of watermelons.

    After sitting for less than 20 minutes, the tricycle turned off the cement road and walked onto a narrow muddy road.

   On the left is a large green paddy field, and on the right is a depression full of vegetables. Behind the paddy fields are farmhouses one after another, with black tiles and white walls, hidden among huge banana trees. 

   The uncle was humming a little song while stepping on the cart. The muddy ground was uneven, and the watermelons on the cart rolled eastward and westward for a while, fearing that the watermelons would be damaged. One, it's like juggling.

    After riding for more than ten minutes, the dirt road became narrower and narrower, leaving only a field path as wide as one person, covered with muddy water. 

    The uncle parked the tricycle aside and told them to get off: "The car in front can't get through. You see—go straight along this road, and you will see a yew tree in 20 minutes. Go around it and go to the right for fifty One step is the entrance to Anya's village."

    The sun is dazzling. Min Hui set up an awning and looked forward. There were many big trees beside the road, and she didn't know which one was a yew. Seeing that she was confused, the uncle smiled and said: "When you get there, you will see a very tall tree full of red fruits, which is easy to recognize. When you come back later, you should go here.  There are a lot of tricycles on the road back to the county, stop one at random, and everyone will be happy to take you for a ride as long as you give them money."

    "Okay, thank you uncle!" Xin Qi and Min Hui was about to get off the car, the uncle thought for a while, and then Said, "Forget it, I'd better give you a little."

    "Then these watermelons—"

    "No one will take them. Everyone in this area knows that I planted these melons."

   The uncle took off his shoes and threw them on the car. , Seeing that both of them were wearing white sneakers, they said: "There is a rice field in front, and the ground is full of water. Take off your shoes before walking, otherwise, the white shoes will turn into black shoes." The two had to take off their shoes and socks, put their shoes Stuffed into a backpack, then rolled up the trouser legs and walked barefoot in the muddy water.

    "Uncle, do you also live in Anya Village?" Xin Qi asked.

    "Yes."

    "Ask you about someone: He Xiangu—do you know him?"