72.1-Ivy Garden

After being discharged from the hospital, Min Hui moved into Block A of Qingteng Garden, which is Xin Qi's apartment in Bin Cheng.

   Before that, he had been on business trips three times in a row—twice to Bei Jing and once to Shang Hai—no matter what time the plane was, he would always come back at dusk and stay with her in the ward until she fell asleep. Leaving, as if performing some kind of ritual.

    Min Hui felt that there was no need for him to do this. There were nurses for everything, and Zhou Ru Ji also came here often. She was taken care of very well. 

   Deep down in her heart, of course she longed to see Xin Qi every day, but she also knew that this was not realistic. The early death of her parents made her accustomed to being independent, especially in the past few years as a single mother, no matter how difficult it was, she had to do it by herself, and she didn't have high expectations for the help of others.

    Every time he comes to the ward, Xin Qi has endless work to do. There is no desk in the ward, so he piles up the computer and documents on the bed, and sits beside her typing away. 

    Sometimes he would leave voice messages in a low voice, English for a while, French for a while, American English for Americans, Oxford accent for British, seamlessly switching between several languages ​​- she couldn't hear clearly but was intoxicated, listen to it fell asleep.

    "Why do you come here every day?" Sometimes she asked.

    "Can't I?"

    "Do you like me?"

    He shook his head: "No."

    "Then why come here every day?"

    "Can't I?"

    "It must be like me?"

    "You think too much, Min Hui."

    The verbal battle continued like this, in an endless loop.

    Sometimes she asked about the progress of the acquisition: "What have you been up to lately? Guan Chao has been suspended for so long."

  A strange expression immediately appeared on his face: "About my work, I can't explain it clearly in a few words, why don't I give it to you? Let’s use an analogy: There are five frogs sitting on a branch by a pond. Four of them decided to jump down, how many frogs are left on the branch?”

   “Of course it’s one,” she said.

    "wrong."

    "Ah?"

    "Five."

    "Why?"

    "Because 'deciding' is one thing, 'doing' is another."

   He spread his hands, "I do these two things every day: either Busy making decisions, or busy doing things."

    Min Hui rolled her eyes and sighed to the ceiling: "It's been a long time since I said nothing."

    "So, don't ask, it's not something you can worry about."

    She See that he concentrated on reading the documents again, and she gave a low "hey".

   "By the way, I will return the one million you lent me first, and I still have four hundred thousand, a total of one and four million, and I will transfer it to you together."

    She pointed to the handbag on the sofa, "I'm afraid you will need money. The cash check has been written, and it's in that bag."

    She knew that it was a drop in the bucket, and with her financial ability, she could only help so much.