Chapter 50

Unknowingly, Mo Li has been staying in the border town for more than half a month. In the past half month, Jun Mo was busy with things in the barracks. In the morning, Mo Li went to Anbu to learn medical skills from Doctor Chen, and in the afternoon, he took people to the house in the city. Buy potatoes and sweet potatoes with everyone.

This house was bought by Li Li in the past few days, because he is not a soldier in the barracks, so he cannot live in you in the barracks.

Even the family members of the generals in the barracks lived in the city, so Li Li also bought a house.

In the past few days, I have bought several thousand catties of potatoes and sweet potatoes intermittently, and piled them all up in the backyard of the house.

Mo Li decided to do the same thing, first make potato flour, and after handing over the potato flour to Jun Mo's men, he then Let them arrange for someone to continue producing potato flour, and he will give them sweet potato flour.

Potato flour has been praised by the world for its full taste, and it has been passed down to this day and has become a famous food in China. According to legend, it originated in the court of the Ming Dynasty. It is a famous snack of the Han nationality. The royal chef of the Ming Dynasty extracted the powder from the potatoes, beat the ingredients, kneaded the noodles, boiled water, and dried them in a cold bath, and finally made potato flour. This new pasta. After cooking, the potato flour has a bright color, soft tendons, smooth and refreshing taste. In the late Ming and early Qing Dynasties, wars continued, and the palace delicacy of potato flour also flowed into the folks and spread, and it has been popular among the folks for a hundred years.

There is also a legend about potato flour. It is said that Cao Zhi, the son of Cao Cao in the Three Kingdoms, was intelligent and talented since he was a child. His younger brother, therefore, declared Cao Zhi to go to the palace, and he was limited to write a poem within seven steps, otherwise he would be killed.

As soon as Cao Zhi thought about it, he took up a poem: "Cooking beans burns Osmunda, and the beans weep in the cauldron. They grow from the same root, so why fry them too quickly?" Cao Pi burst into tears when he heard it.

So he let go of his younger brother. After Cao Zhi bid farewell, he was depressed, so he drank, wrote poems, and played around. Once in Chang'an City, he ate a bowl of potato noodles peddled by the old woman along the street.

The casual poem said: "The mouth is mellow and fragrant, and the aftertaste is long and long." It is praised for the delicious taste of potato flour soup.

Moreover, potato flour has a unique flavor, mellow and attractive, smooth and refreshing, soft and trembling. However, if you eat potato flour with chili, the color is bright, spicy and delicious, just smelling it will make people drool, and taking a bite is even more wonderful.

On this day, Mo Li took leave of absence from Dr. Chen, instead of going to his place to study, but took someone to start making potato flour in the house.

This time, the person who learned to make potato noodles with Mo Li is Junmo, whose name is Li Nian. Li Nian was originally his grandfather's secret guard, but he was seriously injured during a mission and couldn't continue to be a secret guard. The old man is kind, Let him stay in the general's mansion as a guard.

This Li Nian was also a child of ordinary people before he became a secret guard, but his family was poor when he was a child. His father was sick and had no money to treat his illness, and he couldn't bear it. After his mother remarried, no one cared about him. government.

So he has always had a wish to earn a lot of money, so when Jun Mo was looking for someone to open a shop to do business, he recommended himself to Jun Mo, and Jun Mo was willing to let him try it. Among the few men in the business, only he is the fastest to make money.

This time, when Mo Li was making potato flour and sweet potato flour, Junmo sent a letter to Li Nian to take charge of the matter.

Li Li ordered the people to wash the potatoes and remove the rotten, rotten and impurities on the potatoes.

If it was in modern times, Li Li could directly use machines to make it, but this is ancient times, so he can only do it manually.

Mo Li washed the potatoes with water over and over again, then cut the potatoes into small cubes, put them in a large stone mill that had been beaten before, and slowly ground them into a slurry, and then put the potato slurry in a large basin. Fill it with water and let it settle for half an hour.

Half an hour later, pour out the water in the basin, dig out the starch and dry it in the sun. It was already the second day after the potato powder dried. Li Li took out the dried potato powder. It was a success.

Mo Li prepared a pot of cool boiled water. Before taking it out, he went to the pharmacy to buy alum. After adjusting the ratio of alum and potato flour, he kneaded it into a dough, and then put the dough into the leaky pressure barrel that was specially made in the blacksmith's shop. Press from top to bottom, and the crystal clear, white and tender potato vermicelli comes out.

"Successful, we succeeded, right!" Li Nian said excitedly looking at the pressed vermicelli.

"Well, it was successful."

Li Li looked at the vermicelli that he had made, and he was also very excited. There is no machine here, so he was also a little worried about whether it would be successful, but the result was not bad.

Soak the pressed vermicelli in cold boiled water for half an hour, then remove and dry the water.

Li Li pinched the vermicelli, it was very chewy, it seems that they did it quite successfully this time.

"An Er, you go to the barracks to find Ah Mo, let him come back early, I'll make delicious food at home."

An Er and An San rushed back to the border town after sending Xiao Junyi back to the general's mansion. So he asked An Er to follow Li Li to help.

"Yes, Little Doctor Mo, I'll go right away."

Mo Li asked Li Nian and his servants to continue making vermicelli, and he went into the kitchen to prepare tonight's dinner with the prepared vermicelli.

Mo Li looked in the kitchen and there were still some big bones in the kitchen, a pheasant and some vegetables that An Er bought in the morning.

Mo Li saw that it was still early, so he washed the big bone, smashed it, put it in a casserole, put some vinegar on the big bone, so that the calcium in the big bone could be stewed out, and then mixed with water, Slowly simmer on the stove.

If there is anything in the border town that Mo Li is not used to, it is the stove in the kitchen. When he was in Anping Village, because the design of the house was set up by himself, the stove in the kitchen was also designed by him. Very reasonable and easy to use.

But the stoves in the border towns are not good. Their stoves cook in the same direction as the fire. Li Li felt that this was too inconvenient, so he knocked the kitchen and rebuilt it after buying the house. This stove is also the same. Build it the way he likes it.

The kitchen of this house is quite big. It is said that this house used to belong to a wealthy businessman with a large family, so this kitchen is a big kitchen.

The stove designed by Li Li has several holes, so it will not be crowded when it is needed, and the inside of each hole is the same, but there is a partition between each hole, which is opened when it is needed. It is very convenient to isolate it when it needs to be used. It is not allowed to burn this stove hole, but also pay attention to which stove hole's fire is extinguished.

Therefore, Li Li extravagantly bought a lot of carbon and came back. He basically uses less carbon when cooking. If he saw someone selling big logs outside, he would definitely buy some and chop the big logs into sections. Yes, this big log can be used for both purposes. It can be used as firewood. After burning, put the burned firewood in a sealed jar. After a period of time, it will completely turn into dry carbon. Dry carbon usually It can also be used for cooking.

After stewing the big bone on the stove, Li Li started to clean up the pheasant again, thinking that tonight's staple food would be the big bone potato vermicelli, so the pheasant would not be stewed, let's eat it braised in soy sauce.

The pheasant is very big, it looks like an old chicken, and it is still a rooster. It will take time to make it well, so Li Li started to do it right now. First, he washed the pheasant and cut it into pieces.

Open a partition, draw the fire from the stewed big bone, put the pot on it, put oil in the pot to heat up, put in the prepared onion, ginger and garlic, sauté quickly, and throw a little pepper into it, after a while There is a spicy smell coming out, pour in the pheasant and stir-fry slowly to change the color.

There is no cooking wine here, so Mo Li replaced it with shochu, added a little shochu, vinegar and soy sauce, and continued to stir-fry for coloring. After the chicken in the pot was ready, add water to submerge the chicken pieces, increase the charcoal fire in the stove, and stew After half an hour or so, you can add salt and some sugar, stir fry evenly, continue to cook for a quarter of an hour, and then put it on a plate.

After the pheasant and big bones were stewed, Li Li felt that there was nothing else to do. Since he taught Li Nian and others about potato flour, he didn't need to do it anymore.

Looking at the dried chilies hanging in the kitchen, his eyes lit up. He likes to eat spicy vermicelli. He walked over to get the dried chilies, washed them and chopped them up, and then poured them all into the wooden pounder for crushing.

After the chili was crushed, Mo Li took a bit of the tip of his tongue and tasted it, hiss~ it was still quite spicy.

Put the pounded chili noodles in a large bowl, and threw a few peppercorns into it. After thinking about it, I grabbed a handful of sesame seeds and threw them in, stirred them evenly and left them.

After opening a stove hole and adding carbon, set a pot and pour clear oil on it. The clear oil here is peanut oil. Mo Li has been here for so long, but he has never seen rapeseed or rapeseed oil. I heard from Junmo that the entire Dayu Dynasty was No.

After the oil is heated, throw a few cloves of garlic and ginger into it to saute until fragrant, but after a while you have to pick up the garlic and ginger, otherwise it will burn, and the taste of the oil will not be good. Wait until the pot burns After the smoke, pour all the oil into the large bowl containing the chili noodles. With a sizzling sound, a puff of blue smoke rises, and the light yellow hot oil turns red, and the smell of chili oil in the bowl immediately rushes up. up.

When Jun Mo came in, he saw Li Li with tears and snot all over his face.

"What are you doing? How did you make it like this?" He walked over and asked curiously while wiping the tears and snot off Mo Li's face.

"Make chili oil, the taste is too strong." Mo Li's throat was itchy and he wanted to cough.

"Is it ready? Go out and drink some water to moisten your throat when you're done." Looking at Mo Li, who had a sore throat, Jun Mo said, he really didn't understand why his face was full of tears and snot when he made chili oil.

Looking at his eyes, Li Li knew that Jun Mo was a kitchen idiot who didn't understand anything, so he gave him a look of contempt, and then put the chili oil on his hand in the cupboard to cool.

Turning around and leaving the kitchen to the living room, I got a cup of tea to moisten my throat, and after drinking it, I felt a lot more comfortable in my throat.

"Why do you suddenly want to make chili oil? If you want spicy food, you can buy it on the street." Jun Mo felt very distressed when he saw his little face flushed from the smoke.

"The ones sold outside are not as delicious as the ones I make myself." Mo Li said with a blank look at him.

"By the way, we made potato flour today." Li Li said happily.

"I know, An Er told me all the way, and Li Nian took me to watch when he just entered the courtyard." Jun Mo touched the top of Mo Li's head, looked at Mo Li with tired eyes and said: "Baby, thank you for your hard work!"