Chapter 12- Letters

A/N
*Image does not belong to me nor does the character or anime (Gou- Free)*

Mae sat on the couch reading more letters from her old friends and grinning. "How long is she going to read those?"  Kaoru mumbled.

"Long." Haruhi said while passing by them.

Mae looked up and glared at the twins making them hide behind a chair.

"How is it she's still recovering from a cold yet still scary." Kaoru whispered to his brother.

"I don't know. She's a weird one." Hikaru nodded along with his twin.

"I can hear you!" Mae yelled from the couch and began reading the notes over.

"Mae chan what do the letters say?" Honey plopped next to her while Mori stood silently behind the couch.

"Well Emma just started dating. Hoshi and Hiro both joined a basketball team." She smiled as she told Honey as if it were a children's story.

"You really like them huh?" Hikaru appeared.

"Yup!" She beamed. "They're my best friends!" The usual ones began pouting. 

"What are we? Aquatints?" Kaoru frowned over at her.

"You guys are my friends." Mae patted Kaoru on the back. "Your getting there though." Mae picked up her bag flipping it over her shoulder.

Haruhi rolled her eyes. "Let's get going dad is coming home early."

"You got it." Mae gave her a thumbs up and spun in her dress as she made it to the door. "This dress is kind of growing on me." She princess waved goodbye to the hosts.

*^*

"So Mae you can tell us apart?" Kaoru stood in the lunch line next to her the following day.

"Why are you bringing it up now?" She felt a laugh slip.

"I've been wondering for awhile now." He smiled.

"You guys are two different people as much as you try you're still living separate lives." Mae pondered a second. 'That sort of rhymes.' She laughed to herself.

"Try telling Hikaru that." He mumbled.

"Ah I get it now. He's definitely the more bossy one." She giggled.

"Yeah." He sighed. "I think you and Haruhi are the only people to ever see the difference."

Mae raised an eyebrow. "Or is that just what you want to think?"

"No you're the only ones." He let an awkward smile fall on his mouth and rubbed the back of his neck.

"And who's fault would that be?" Mae scoffed. "You guys need to express yourselves eventually."

Kaoru frowned a bit as he picked up his fancy tray. "Aren't you going to order?"

"You think I can afford it?" She laughed. "I only got in line because you asked me to."