Chapter 64- Cats and Ice

"You did what?!" Mae sat at the edge of her seat.

"Can we not talk about this." Hikaru grumbled.

Kaoru nervously smiled then sat near Mae ho whisper. "I made him jealous by going on a date with Haruhi. Next thing I know he's confessing and getting turned down."

"Wait," Mae whispered as well not taking to notice the irritated Hikaru thumping his foot on the ground. "Does that mean Haru realized her feelings for Tamaki?"

Kaoru smiled and nodded as Mae began to jump up and down and received a low growl from Hikaru.

"All my ships are sailing." Mae hummed to herself ignoring Hikarus rage.

"What about yourself?" Kaoru leaned against the table she sat on.

Mae looked up at the ceiling with her smile. "How so?"

"You and Mori senpai." He practically whispered once more.

Mae closed her eyes then brought them back to Kaoru. "There's no ship there." She chuckled.

"Your sister thinks otherwise." He mumbled.

"Oh does she? Who else would think me and him are still a couple anyway?"

"She said some nonsense about readers. You should probably get her fixed or something." He laughed.

"Probably. That sister of mine is always splurging out crazy things."

"Do you don't like Mori anymore?"

Mae sighed and leaned back. "He'll always be a special person to me. My feelings may never subside...but it's what's best. Right?" She quickly flashed a smile at Kaoru.

He thought a moment. Was it right to tell her what happend? That he only did it for her sake? Of course it was! But in this moment he thought he had once more a chance.

"Are you talking about me?" Hikaru glared from the couch he'd sat on.

Mae and Kaoru began giggling and both ignored responding to him.

*^*

Kyoya smirked as Kaoru was about to leave after his brother. Hosting was fine for the day and Mae was still in lessons with Nekozawa.

"What?" Kaoru lowered his eyes to meet Kyoya's smirk.

"Nothing." He continued to slyly smile.

"What is it?" Kaoru mumbled feeling uneasy.

"Simply remarking on how you foolishly try to get closer to Mae when the chance comes up."

Kaoru frowned. "As least I know how I feel." He growled much similar to his brother in the moment as he walked past the ice king himself. Kyoya's smile faded as Kaoru disappeared from the host room. He walked over to a couch and rested his elbow on the couch arm. It seemed Kaoru knew something he wasn't suppose to know.

"Ow!" Mae yelped as she and the others exited the other other room. "Oh hey Kyoya." She smiled.

Kyoya in amused expression was plastered. "Have you broken yet another object."