Chapter 15- America Past

A/N
*Image does not belong to me nor does the character or anime (Gou- Free) I also don't own the music*

Waiting for the plane I looked over to my close friend. We were both more then excited to be going over. But at that moment I was more so tired.

Ranka kept me and Haruhi up most the night re watching old clips. He was sad to see me go, which is probably an understatement. As for Haruhi she let me in on her feelings that night in bed. She had told me she felt like I was abandoning her and leaving her completely behind.

As for my friend, she was wide awake. After three coffee's and a 10 o'clock bedtime she was all set.

I was smart enough to not complain about my family keeping me up since she lived in a broken home. Which often pained me to think about.

The plane ride consisted of me chewing gum to stop my ears from popping and then sleeping. After that the only thing to worry about was what the people we were staying with were like.

We stood there both picturing the family that would be taking us in. I feared the worst and hoped for the best. I guess it was luck that brought me to the Lanes.

The moment I saw them I knew they'd be interesting. Knowing they had a daughter my age I was nervous to see what she'd be like, after all it was more like a student exchange. The lanes consisted of a family of 6. Mr and Mrs Lane often fought but still were madly in love. The eldest Tom was in collage two years above Alice and one year above Crystal. In his last year of high school, Ryan. Last and certainly not least the youngest Emma, she was to be my 'tour guide' so to speak.

"Hi my names Mae." I used my English that I had been studying so intensely the last few years.

"Wow!" The two eldest girls said in unison.

"Oh, you speak English?" Mr Lane smiled down.

"Yes, only language I cared to study for this trip."

"That's great!" His wife cued. They then both signaled to my bags having Tom and Ryan lift them for me.

"thank you." I repeated over and over still unaware of how kind they were.

Emma slowly walked next to and leaned to my ear. "You don't need to be nervous. We might be the most harmless people out there. They wouldn't send some kid to some creeps." She chuckled. Right from that moment on I knew me and her would get along great.

Turning over my shoulder I saw a nice elderly couple with girl our age confront my friend Remi.

'She'll be fine. Like Emma said they wouldn't give us to wak'os.'

I spent the weekend being shown tour sights around the city. But I looked forward each night to going back to their home.

They stayed in a small house right next to a bed an breakfast I would soon find myself over all the time.

But my problems came about when I enrolled in the Emma's school...

"Mae!" Remi ran to me. I knew why even before she told me-she hadn't studied enough English-.

"Didn't I tell you to study." I felt a small grin spread across my face.