Chapter 20- Confident

A/N
Can't believe it's chapter 20 already! I hope you're enjoying the story. Just wanted to remind you I don't own any pictures, videos, or even animes. Yeah this shouldn't really be a shock though. Anyway continue reading, you're the best!

Siting still Mae stared at the group of girls before her. Now Mae wasn't scared too much of them. After all she'd been training with Takshi for officially one month. That didn't mean she was anywhere near as good as him. But she also wasn't a weak little girl anymore.

"I can't believe you told the hosts on us." An extremely skinny girl standing next to Akane glared.

"Well I realized I shouldn't just bow down to people like you whenever you take anger out on me." Mae snarled.

"Oh so you're actually going to defend yourself now." Akane chuckled. "Please you're still helpless. Having your hosts threaten us! Well I'll tell you something you're going to make them forgive us or else."

"I thought you'd get expelled if you did any more." She said through her teeth.

"Who told you that?" A high pitched girl worriedly asked.

"Kyoya." Mae smirked.

"So what if someone did. You're still scared I know it." Akane crossed her arms at Mae.

"You're all despicable. Just cause someone is friends with the hosts and is female you guys get all jealous and vicious. They aren't even yours to get jealous about. You don't even know them." Mae scrunched her face up.

"Why you-" Akanes fist was stopped by a quick hand. Mae turned surprised to see Mori. "Mori senpai?!" Akane quickly hid her hands behind her back.

"It's him again." One girl whispered the fear etched in it.

"Listen, we were just joking-"

"Doesn't look it." His eyes seemed to have a tint of rage. Mae had never seen this look before she began wondering if he looked like that back when he first got rid of them.

"Takashi, it's fine." Mae gave a quick smile then looked back at the girls. "This is the last time they'll pull anything." Mae looked into each of their eyes watching as they all nodded. Even Akane did but reluctantly. "Very well, Takshi you didn't see anything right?"

He nodded and waited for Mae to begin walking next to him in which she did. They both heard the girls sigh in relief behind them. "I didn't think they'd still try anything."

"Neither did I." He lowly said. "Why did you let them off?"

"Oh you mean not let them get expelled?" He nodded. "Now they know I'm not some weak girl hanging around the hosts for attention. It's all thanks to your training. I felt like I have the power to keep them at ease."

Mori looked down at her and smiled as he rubbed her head. He was happy Honey had told him to keep an eye out today. They thought they heard some girls mention her name earlier near the restroom. He was especially happy to see her confidently stand up to them. She was slowly becoming the person she desired to be.

"Mae-chan!" The usual honey hug came.

"Hi honey senpai." She chuckled.

"Hey why is it you call Mori senapi by his fist name but not Honey." Hikaru slithered up to her.

Mae thought for a second on what he was trying to imply. When she realized how it might seem she blushed. "Well Takashi told me to call him by his first name."

"Oh really?" Hikaru smirked as he eyed the tall student who was now talking to his cousin. "Kaoru!" He ran over to him.

'Oh no! This isn't good, no good twins!' She yelled inside her head. But then she started thinking. 'why did Mori ask me to call him by his first name? Was it out of pity for me that day, to make me feel better?' She began pondering deeply. The she saw Kaoru was now sitting next to her.

"Hikaru sent me over to bother you." He nonchalantly said.

"Oh, I hope this isn't the best you got."

"Naw, I'm not in the mood today. It also seems like you have some things on your mind. So just act like you're getting really embarrassed right...now." He said.

At his cue she stood up and placed a hand over her heart. "No!" She began covering her face with her hands as if she were blushing. She heard a Hikaru in the corner laughing. "You twins!" She yelled and then sat back down. She grinned over at Kaoru who smiled back.

"Good acting. Wasn't sure if you'd be up to the challenge."

"Always am." She winked.

Kaoru began blushing but cleared his throat. "I'll take you up on that." He said before getting up.

Now Mae isn't one of those dumb girls who never realized when a guy seems to like her. By that she started to wonder. "Oh my gosh! Does Kaoru have a crush on me?! What do I do? I don't like him back do I? Crap! I can't think now!' She began having a frenzy go off in her head. On the exterior she was as calm as cucumber.

"Mae!" Haruhi stood over her.

After blinking a few time Mae got back with it. "Oh hi Haru." She smiled lazily.

"I can never tell what goes on inside your head." She sighed. 'Oh gosh does that mean she's on to me?!' She panicked.'wait what is there to hide?' "Mae!" Haruhi waved her hand. "Gosh I wanted to tell you we have another cosplaying thing tomorrow. Kyoya said you've gotten out of too many."

"Aww." Mae wined. "Not after the first time." She shivered.

"I looked over the costumes ahead of time." Haruhi sighed and brought her thumb to her forehead. "This time is fine."

"What is it?"

"Secret agents." Haruhi sighed. "Dorky righ-" Haruhi looked down to see an excited Mae. She was practically wagging her tail.

"That's so cool!" She explained. "I'm in!"

Haruhi began walking back to Kyoya and sat down in the seat. "That was almost too easy."

"Good." Kyoya pushed his glasses up.

"Oh no." Haruhi mumbled.

"Why so worried?"

"You have that creepy look in your eyes again." Haruhi shook.

"Oh nice." Kyoya glared at her. "Besides we'll be getting lots of business with this cosplay idea."

Mae squinted at the table noticing Kyoya begin chuckling. 'Evil.' She hissed.