Chapter 93- For The Love of Mae

^Song: East of Eden by Zella Day^

I love this song so much. It just make me happy y'know
(≧∇≦)

*^*

Mori sighed as he sat down at a fancy restaurant. The view was beautiful, in the background of multi colored flowers was a small river and an elegant bridge to cross over it.

The seat across from his was empty, although he wished to bask in the beauty of the sight with someone. Someone who was like a flower herself...

He could picture her sitting before him. Her rose hair would simply be down, her eyes would be glittering looking at the picturesque setting. Then she would catch his stare, a blush gracing her cheeks like an accessory, she'd then nervously smile 'Takashi?' She would say his name so light, so airy that he would mistake it for an angel. Every time she said his name...it was like fireworks exploding in his stomach. Was it possible to feel this strongly about one person?

A smile seemed to fall upon him at his own day dream. To his own dismay he wasn't in that dream.

"Morinozuka." The smallest squeak came.

He looked up to find a girl with black hair that was put up with a pink pin to match her pink kimono. He slowly got up from his seat to bow to her before they both took their seats.

"It's pleasant to see you again." She lightly smiled.

"Yes." He nodded to her.

She looked outside then back at him. "Lovely view."

"Mmm." He nodded again.

She gently set her hands on her lap and stared at him from across the table. "Your very quiet I suppose."

"Mmmm." He nodded. "Forgive me."

"No, no." She shook her head and her cheeks dusted pink to go along with her outfit. "I like it." She hummed.

Mori hated the fact everything this poor girl said and did...he always found himself comparing her to his beloved Mae. Like, 'Mae would've fumbled with her thumbs', 'Mae would've laughed.', 'Mae...would've quietly enjoy the sight with him.' But...she wasn't Mae, and this girl was his fiancée.

"Are you alright Takashi?" The girl leaned forward slightly.

The name, it was just a name when this girl said it. "Yes sorry."

"I heard Mitzkuni went on a vacation. I hope this meeting didn't stop you from going along."

Mori knew the meeting was exactly why he couldn't be with his friends right now. He knew if it wasn't for this women his parents so wanted him to marry he would be in Hawaii soaking up every second he had with Mae. "No." He lied.

The girl smiled. "Okay good." Their food came out without either of them even ordering. "So my father supposes by next year we should be wed."

Mori felt it hit. Next year...that was when he promised he'd be there for Mae. What a jerk he was. "That seems soon."

"Yeah," she hummed again. "But I persuaded him." She flirtatiously played with her bangs, if that was even possible.

"Oh." He spoke.

"I'm excited." She shyly looked at him then furrowed her brows slightly. "Aren't you?"

He only nodded his head. He decided with this marriage he would go along with it but no matter what his heart would always be with Mae even when she ended up with someone else.