Chapter 33- Crushes and Blushes

A/N
I love the title of this chapter. I'm so proud of it. This has to be a sad sad that I'm losing it. Either way thank you all for reading, adding, voting, and commenting. You guys are the best readers ever! Anyway continue on.

Mae stifled a yawn as her and Haruhi sat down at the table. "So what was it you wanted to tell me?"

"Well..." Haruhi thought a moment. Would it be wrong to falsely lead on her sister. "you have practice today, right?"

"Oh yeah!" She nursed up. "Is that why Mori and Honey were gone?"

"Yeah." Haruhi smiled awkwardly.

"Okay...I guess I should start heading out."

"Yup. Have fun." Haruhi grinned.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"No, you'll be seeing Mori right?" Haruhi coolly replied.

Mae felt her face heat up. This was the first time she'd have practice knowing her feelings for him. "B-bye." She shook out as she opened the door.

*^*

"Mae chan?" Honey asked while part of him still resides in the other half of a wall.

"Yeah?"

"Good you back to normal!" He ran and hugged her. "Takashi carried you and you snuggled up to him again." Honey giggled as Mae blushed.

"A-again?" She asked and got a nod from Honey.

"Mae chan-" honey was interrupted from the question be was going to ask. Mori stood silently in front of them.

Taking a small breathe Mae stepped over to him. She knew she was blushing but she couldn't control it. "Ready." She forced a smile. Little did she knew Mori saw right through it.

They did their ritual of getting dressed and warmed up for the class. Halfway through though Mae noticed he wasn't going as tough as usual. "Takashi?" She said quietly making him turn back towards her. "Uh, um you seem to be going a bit easy. D-did I do something?"

His eyes widened and he sighed. "You seemed tired and hot." Being the person Mae was she at first saw hot as the term of looks. She really wasn't thinking straight though.

"I-I just need to work it out." Mae looked at the ground. At least he didn't know what her blush really meant.

"Okay."

"Takashi, you never have to hold back with me you know?" She whispered as he was about to turn back around. His face revealed the confusion on his mind. "It's just you always seem to worry. So you can just have fun with practice."

Mori paused and looked at her fidgeting hands. She had been right. He always went just a smile easier each day due to how exhausted she would be after each practice. Seeing her red face made him worry that it was his fault for her illness. A smile peaked it's way to his face and he nodded.

It was at this moment Mori remembered the first practice they ever had. The time she first called him by his first name. When she was with Kaoru. Her smile. Takashi was crushing on Mae.

He hid this well. My much better than Mae tried. He knew he never had a chance with her. To him she was like this perfect figure. He liked everything about her. Even the soda side of her.

The practice wasn't much after that both seemed to have their minds elsewhere that day.

The throbbing beat in both their chest had finally caught up to their brains. But as all crushes and blushes go they both don't know how the other truly feels.

"Mae chan!" Honey ran up to her as she and Takashi were walking to the door.

"Hi honey senpai." She smiled.

"Mae chan, are you feeling better from earlier?"

"Oh." She blushed a bit. "Yeah I guess I really shouldn't drink soda. Kyoya said he added to the debt."

"Poor Mae chan." Honey whimpered.

"It's fine." She smiled then saw the limo waiting. "Uh, Takashi are you coming with me today?"

A little blush crept onto his face. "I have training."

Honey had a huge gin come into his face as he watching Mori look at Mae as she reluctantly left. Once the door was closed he kept up.

"Takashi likes Mae chan!" Honey skipped around the now completely red Mori. Honey stopped. "You didn't try to stop me? You really like Mae chan a lot." Honey teased as he liked Mori's cheek.

"Yes." Mori said seriously even though he resembled a tomato at the moment.

"Aw Takashi!" Honey hugged him. "Don't worry Mae chan likes you too...I think."

Mori shook his head. "She wouldn't like me." He hung his head a bit.

"Takashi?" Honey whispered then smiled. "I'm sure she does. Don't give up Takashi!"

Mori smiled a bit then nodded. That's when Satoshi came in dragging Chika along. "Taka kun has a crush on Mae?" Satoshi smiled as he turned to look at his blushing brother. This was the first time he had seen him blush to that extreme before. "Awe!" Satoshi joined Honey in hugging the tall boy.

"She seems like the pretty popular type. She must have a boyfriend or something." Chika scoffed but earned a glare from Satoshi and Honey.

"Mae Chan's not like that! She would tell us if she had a boyfriend." That's around the time they thought back to when she told everyone she had dated before. "She has to like you!" Honey quickly added.

*^*

As much as it was awkward Mas missed Mori's comfort. The slow ride back wasn't the same. Even though they didn't talk she felt like a warmth was missing.

'Was Takashi trying to get rid of me?' She worried in the back. 'Oh no! Did he figure out I have a crush on him?!' As always she was far from what actually happened.

Timidly walking back to the apartment she felt her heart clenched. Host clubs going to get harder with her crush on him. But little did she know it was going to be worse for him.

*^*