Chapter 98- Catch Me!

It was now less than a month till Mori got married. Mae had debated several times storming into his house and telling him she still loved him. But yet again, she worried that would only confuse him and lead him to making a decision he would regret.

It was a weekend and Mae was thankful for this too. Lately they'd been hammering everyone with tests and it was getting quite stressful.

She saw a peaceful circular fountain in the park she was wandering around in. It made her eyes glisten at the sight. The water looked like tiny diamonds in the light.

Slowly she sat down on the edge of it and closed her eyes to take in this new found peace.

Suddenly she looked at her shoulders. A small smile fell to her lips as she recalled the feeling of the past.

The brushing of fabric falling over her shoulders. The moment their eyes met that day she should've known.

She smiled again as she touched her head. She remembered when she showed him the scar. That night that was the night she realized her feelings...

"N-no it's fine. It's just it must not be very pretty." Mae sighed holding her one arm.

"No. It's part of you, its just another addition to who you are. Like you said earlier." He had a smile play across his lips.

Mae felt her face heat up. The realization dawned upon her so fast  it was like getting hit by a truck. She was really falling for Takashi.

She held her breath as she sat on the fountain.

"Mae was clinging to him on her bed." Hikaru scoffed once more.

Maes face was bright red. "I really am sorry. I always get people in awkward positions." She frowned but softened her face as Mori patted her head again and gave her a quick smile.

Mae didn't feel so sad anymore. She thought if she had time to herself to think about their time together it would hurt. But she almost felt thankful for every moment she ever had with him.

"Boo!" A little kid came running up to her scaring her.

In an instant she felt herself lose balance and fall back into the fountain. The water wasn't too cold but it shocked her. She say herself up in the fountain to see a smirking face with a hand extended to her.

"Kyoya." She mumbled and took his hand.

"With a face as lost in thought as yours that was bound to happen."

"Yeah." She sighed as she was now away from the water of the fountain.

He had a small smile as he looked at the girl. She never once caught his eye. He knew why, her mind was in someone else. It always had been.

"Here." He whispered ever so slightly as he took off his jacket and draped it over her shoulders.

Mae stiffened then relaxed. "Thank You." She nodded her head up and gave him a smile.

"So you were thinking of him." Kyoya looked down at her with his hands behind his back.

Mae fiddled with the jacket on her shoulders. "I always do."