Chapter 16- Don't Lose Hope

Mae looked over at Mori. She wasn't sure if he was still processing or if he didn't know what to say after all that information.

The silence made Mae feel even more timid as it continued. She felt tired from all the tears she cried and wanted to get out before anyone else saw her the way she was. The weak and scared girl.

"It'll be okay." He finally spoke with a pat on the head to her. He got up off the floor and offered his hand out to her. Hesitating she grasped his hand and was pulled up off the ground.

Mae knew he needed to get to the host club. He probably was waiting that whole time wanting to leave for the club. "I-I need to go home." She whispered while looking at the ground.

"Mhm." He grunted and nodded. "I'll come."

She looked up at him. "Don't you need to be with Honey?"

He looked in the direction of the host club. "They wouldn't be happy if I left you."

"Oh...okay." She looked back toward the floor and started walking in the direction of the exit. Mori walked quietly  behind her the whole time. She was thankful he didn't say anything but was worried he felt obligated to be with her. Let's just say she was very confused.

Once she was at the front of the apartment complex she looked over at him. "Sorry if I troubled you." She bowed but soon after felt his hand lightly pick her head up.

"No trouble." He softly said and gave a small smile. Mae could feel her cheeks redden. 'These hosts are good.' She pondered.

"Thank you Mori senpai."

"Takashi." He smiled and placed a hand on her head. "It'll be okay." He finished before putting his hands in his pockets and walking off.

"Thank you...Takashi." She muttered as she swept herself up and headed to the apartment. Coming from anyone else she most likely would've brushed off all his words but knowing his silence made just about anything he said truly believable and so much more meaningful. She felt almost special to see and hear him.

She decided then and there she would try harder to get through this. She wasn't going down easily.

*^*

"Haru I need to tell you something." Her sister had just returned and was rather annoyed she didn't come to the host club. They were sitting at the table. Mae went on to tell her about her America past and even what had just recently began.

"Do you want me to tell those girls to back off?" She roared.

"No, I want to be strong like you. I've got to get strong and not give up."

Haruhi's face softened. "So what made you come to terms?"

"I guess Takashi helped me put the peices back. Now I need to glue them with crazy glue so I never break again."

"Mori senpai helped you?"

"Yeah, he uh saw the girls hurting me."

"Explains why I didn't see him at hosting."

The rest of the night was spent with the two of them joking around and talking about the time Mae was in America. They finally were as close as they were before Mae left, and more so since their mom died.

A/N
This was a short chapter. I decided after the previous long one a simple shorter one would be nice. Any thoughts or critiques please comment at anytime.