Wizard

His Pov

"(Y/N)!" Ducking as part of the academy fell around me, it didn't take me long to stand up and continue my search. All around me, other magicians screamed and tried to use their spells to protect themselves. I can't find (Y/N), though. That's my main goal right now. Hearing the roar of the dragon above me, I slipped behind a pillar to hide from it. It seemed to be attacking anywhere it sees a living person. Spotting the headmaster coming down to corridor, I was barely able to stop him.

"Headmaster, do you know where (Y/N) is?" I asked, though he looked at me with pity.

"We've asked all fighters to face the dragon head on, including student fighters. (Y/N) is the leader, so naturally.." He didn't even have to continue, but he looked past me as if to make a point. Peeking  around the pillar, I felt my jaw drop at the sight. Just as he said, (Y/N) was leading a group towards the dragon. The Pegasus they rode armored just as much as their riders according to rank. (Y/N), being the only one in gold armor, being the best and strongest fighter. 

We had agreed that (Y/N) would stop fighting a couple months after we started dating. There were to many risks involving (Y/N)'s life and I didn't want to risk it. There should be no reason that (Y/N) is up there leading them. What's more, the head of magic banned the use of student fighters. They don't want to risk the lives of students. Only allowing them to fight when they are adults.

"Axel, extinguish some of the fire, with the other ice mages." Headmaster ordered continuing on his way, though I could barely process what he said. Nonetheless, I'm supposed to be the picture of a perfect student. I have to take action and help protect others down here, while (Y/N) is up there.

Creating a cover of ice to the safety of the academy, I started herding students inside. They should be able to find the hallway to the catacombs the we used as an emergency shelter. Hearing the scream, I looked up and barely had enough time to summon an ice blast large enough to smother out the fireball coming towards us. When the fireball was gone, I could see (Y/N) and the others fighters. Some had created shields while others were trying to sneak around the dragon. That didn't work when the dragons started spinning and spewing fire as it did so. 

Keeping my eyes on (Y/N), I felt my heart stop when, My Little Spark,  pushed a fighter to the side.  Both getting hit by the fire and falling to the ground. They have to be okay. That armor should have provided a lot of protection. Sprinting around the school, I nearly tripped when, I saw the girl, (Y/N) protected kneeling and acting as a barrier.

"How bad is it?" I ordered nearly pushing the girl aside, "(Y/N), can you hear me?"

There were clear burns on their face and there were parts of armor that seemed to either have melted off or melted onto their skin. It looked painful. I can see in (Y/N)'s (C/E) that it's painful. This wouldn't have happened is that girl had put up a barrier spell like everyone else. Glaring over at the girl, I noticed that she tensed up when I turned to her.

"Can you put up a barrier spell if that dragon comes towards us?" I growled, before she nodded. I don't trust in her ability, but I have to trust her for now. Pulling out my wand, I calmed down and held it over (Y/N)'s wounds. Spraying some ice on the wounds to cool them off.

"Come on, Little Spark, you'll be okay." I whispered, "Let the others handle the dragon."

There was barely a nod of response, but the grimace told me it was painful. I've always hated seeing (Y/N) in any kind of pain. There was always a spark that made them want to fight though. That's why I've called (Y/N), Little Spark. With a burnt throat, there was no way (Y/N) was going to be talking for a while at least.

"Little Spark, you shouldn't have been up there." I whimpered, trying to hold back my tears, "You know I didn't want something like this to happen to you. After this, no more fighting, I mean it."

That got a small smile from the partly burnt lips, but that quickly turned into another grimace. That was when I realized that their breathing pattern started to slow down and the sparkling eyes were starting to dull. I've seen this before and my stomach felt like dropping.

"No, Little Spark, stay with me. Focus on my voice." I ordered, though I know that not even (Y/N) can fight death, "Listen to me, I love you and your bravery, but now I need you to stay with me and keep calm."

"Axel, the dragon is coming around." The girl called, sounding panicked. That only made (Y/N) visibly scared.

"Put a barrier around us then." I snapped, pulling (Y/N) closer in a hug, "Hey, Little Spark, look at me, I'm not going to let the dragon hurt you anymore. You might be the golden knight, but I'm still your boyfriend. I love you too much for that to happen."

Smiling at (Y/N)'s smile, I hugged my little spark as hard, but gently as I could. Listening to the heart and magic beating in their chest until it stopped. This shouldn't have happened.  Three years, we've dated and My Little Spark had kept our promise to not fight. The only time the promise is broken and it leads to death. Just as I was always afraid of when we first started dating. Feeling my anger rise and my grief, I glared at the dragon flying towards us. The cause of My Little Spark's death. The love of my life, dead in my arms still. Feeling my magic surge up, I screamed as everything went white.

-Time skip 8 years-

Frowning as I finished most of my paperwork, I glanced out the window of my office. It's been a long time since the academy's battle against the dragon. A lot has changed though. Due to the Head of Magic discovering about the Headmaster's orders to use fighting students, he was relieved of duty. Many of the other teachers retired after the battle, so I was asked to take over the position of Headmaster. What's more, there is now almost always a light covering of snow at the academy. A result from my magic surge. I had felt so many emotions at the time that my powers exploded and has still affected the school area to this day. The Head of Magic had said he had never seen anything like it, but thinks the magic will leave the school in the next couple of years.  

Standing and stretching, I decided that taking a walk would help me. Leaving the office, I nodded to some of the students who passed me. Recalling that there was a class heading to the back gardens, I knew what I should do.

None of the teachers here know the real story of the battle here and I think the students need to learn it. It's apart of our history now. Making my way towards the gardens, I paused when I saw the ice sculptures. The dragon was lying on it's side where it landed and not far off was, My little Spark, (Y/N). Well, there was a golden stature, with (Y/N) burred underneath it. Kneeling next to the grave, I waved my hand over it. Letting flowers made of ice grow, since real flowers can't survive this cold. It's almost hard to believe that even though, My little Spark is dead, I still love (Y/N). 

Hearing the chattering of students, I smirked when their chattering stop.

"Headmaster Axel, What are you doing down here?" The magic history teacher questioned.

"Well, I know that you were not here when the battle took place and I was." I explained, "I figured it would be a good time to teach and tell the story of the legendary hero of the school, The Golden Knight. The true story."

"Headmaster Axel, did you know the Knight?" A boy asked raising his hand.

Smiling at the memories, I nodded, "I did. The hero's name was (Y/N) and (Y/n) was the one I loved. Now gather around and I will tell you the real story of the hero."