Werebat

This was requested by Marvel1Maiden! Enjoy!

This was a mistake. Running through the forest, you glanced over your shoulder at the creatures that was flying towards you. You were in a church for crying out loud. Who would think that a creature like that would live in a church, abandoned or not? Hearing the roar above, you looked up. Not being able to see anything though due to the thick tree coverage. Looking back down the path you were running on, you screamed as something crashed into you. Trapping your legs down with its back claws and pinning your arms with the claws on its wings.

Now you could clearly see its face, that looked more like a bat, only with much larger teeth and more human like eyes.

"Hungry," It growled deeply bringing its teeth to brush you neck.

It actually spoke though. There might still be a chance to save yourself.

"What about a deal." You bargained, noticing that it froze.

Slowly it back away from you but stayed crouched on the ground in front of you. Its head tilted as it watched you stand in curiosity. Waiting for you to continue.

"You're a Werebat, correct? You need blood to survive?" You confirmed, watching its head nod, "You're being attacking the livestock around here for it. Making them towns people mad. If I come every month to give you some blood, will you let me go and quit killing the animals?"

You blinked at the chatter it gave while it looked away. Almost like it was talking to itself while it was thinking. Finally, it looked at you before standing to its full height. Easily towering over you, much to your surprise.

"Deal." He huffed, shaking your hand with a claw of his.

-1 Year later-

Hanging onto the lantern, you glanced around the forest again. Your blood supply in the basket you carried in your other hand. The first time you went back to the church, you tried to give him some of your blood. Telling him that it was okay for him to bite you. He simply said no, from somewhere you couldn't see him. The next night, you came back with a sheep, to keep your end of the deal. He told you to, so you did, without seeing him. It surprised you just how shy he was for a large beast. It made you curious, so you started coming every other night after a month. It took a while before he started speaking full sentences to you. That was how you learned his name was Aiden. Nearly three months after the deal, he finally let you see him again. Your friendship has gotten stronger ever since.

Jumping at the crunch of leaves, you looked around. Your mouth dropping open, and you backed up as you saw the werewolf emerge from the forest. Foam gathered around its mouth, and it had a crazed look in its eyes. It's been infected. Terrified of making any sudden movements, you backed up slowly. The werewolf keeping its eyes on you. Recalling what Aiden told you, you decided to try it.

"Aiden, help." You whimpered, but it was enough to make the werewolf lunge.

Dodging out of the way, you scrambled behind a tree, as the werewolf nearly made the whole tree fall with one swipe of its claws. Seeming to realize it missed you, it turned around. Scanning for you, even smelling the air for you. It seemed like the werewolf found you, but a blur of grey crashed into it from the sky, before anything else could happen. All you saw was a mix of teeth, claws, and fur. It ended when Aiden was holding the werewolf to the ground, by its throat, with a claw. Holding the werewolf down until it stopped struggling.

"It's okay now, (Y/N)." Aiden called, making you creep out from behind the tree.

"Is it dead?" You asked, moving closer as he tucked you under his wing.

"No, but I don't want you near him when he does wake up." Aiden huffed, crouching down to let you on his back.

Running on the ground isn't his preferred method of travel. He's admitted that he would rather fly, but when he flies with you on his back, you're scared that you'll fall. Landing, in the church, is awkward for him if he carried you with his legs. It's the only time he's really on the ground, besides to eat. Looking up at church, you climbed off and he stopped inside.

"I'm glad you remembered what I told you about my hearing." He chuckled, climbing up through the holes in the ceiling that lead to the bell tower. 

Following him up, you made sure to step on the board path that he made specifically for you.

"I wasn't sure you actually heard me." You admitted reaching the bell tower to find him hanging onto a wooden beam, "Here's your blood."

He seemed to smile as he climbed down to you and accepted your basket.

"Lamb, my second favorite." He chuckled, sitting against the closest wall, them motioning you to him.

Sitting between his legs, you let him wrap a wing around you as he started to drink from the jars. Running your hand through his fluffy fur, you let those words roll in your head. 

"What's your favorite then?" You asked.

"Probably yours. I bet your blood tastes sweet from how sweet you are." He complimented giving you a grin.

"That was too much." You laughed, shaking your head, "It's almost like you're complimenting me to ask me out."

"If I am?" He asked, before nuzzling his face against your head affectionately, "I know you deserve so much better than me, but I really want to date you, (Y/N). Even if I'm a monster."

Looking over at him, you saw that he wasn't looking at you, but you could still see the fur around his face was wet. He says he's a monster, but he's the sweetest creature you know. It hurts you how he's limited in contact with others because they fear him. He's been alone almost all these years because of it. Cradling his face, you turned his head to you, but he avoided looking at you.

"Let's do it then." You encouraged, noticing his ears perk up at that, "You have a human form, don't you?"

He finally looked at you as his eyes widened with a nod, "I do, but even then, my eyes and ears are sensitive."

"That's why we have sunglasses and earplugs." You grinned, rubbing your nose against his, "Let's spend a whole day and night together as a date."

Noticing his grin and excited squeak, you laughed at his cheer. It was cute for such a large creature. He even squeezed you tighter to him and began rocking both of you. Affectionately rubbing his cheek against you head.

"Sorry, you probably didn't understand." He coughed, but still chuckled, "Yes. Absolutely. I'm happy you're giving me this chance. Thank you so much, (Y/N)."