Chapter 157 ~ Vs

AN: Merry Christmas!!!! I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas this year!!! Though this year may not be the greatest for everyone, let's pray that the next will be much much better!!!!

It was the morning after the royal family's private Cherry Blossoms viewing celebration.

Once again, Leon woke up to the familiar weight on his body, and when he opened his eyes, he saw a familiar bump beneath his blanket.

A soft sigh escaped him as his lips curved up into a helpless smile. He lifted up the blanket, revealing a cute, white-haired fairy who began squirming on top of him. She balled up her body and nuzzled into his chest to seek his warmth. Her face scrunching up from the sudden increase in light intensity.

Her little sister was truly like a kitten, especially right now. In fact, if she suddenly grew a pair of cat ears and tail and started meowing, Leon wouldn't be that surprised.

He began stroking Charlotte's smooth, snow-white hair gently, and immediately, her body seemed to relax.

When they were in the mansion, Charlotte had started sleeping alone once in a while when Leon was working late into the night. Then, after his mother came, she had completely abandoned the very notion of "sleeping alone in her own room" and would sleep with either Celestine or Leon in their room every night.

However, even when Celestine would sleep and stay with Amenominakanushi now for the duration of their visit to Bestia, along with Lux and Noir, Charlotte didn't return to sleeping on her own. Instead, she had been thoroughly indulging herself sleeping with her beloved brother every night.

After having been petted for a while, Charlotte slowly awakened and began rubbing her eyes.

"Good morning, Char."

"Uhn..."

She wrapped her arms around Leon's neck and stayed still. She wasn't going back to sleep, but she was waiting. Waiting for Leon to get up and carry her to wash up.

Leon sighed helplessly, knowing full well of her intention, and got off the "futon" to, once again, go to Freya's room and ask her to help Charlotte get ready.

As they head to Freya's room, Charlotte and Leon both notice that Freya wasn't in her room from the lack of her magical presence. Leon closed his eyes and expanded his senses, and found Freya, Aria, Iris, Lily, and Victoria at the very top of the castle with Amenominakanushi and Celestine.

"Hm, it seems they're having breakfast together."

"...Uhn."

He then tried to find someone who could help Charlotte wash up and get ready. All the girls were with his mother and Amenominakanushi, and he couldn't find Mia anywhere. But fortunately, he found Vyra's presence and sensed her approaching them.

"...Vy."

Charlotte mumbled, noticing her presence as well. And as the two expected, Vyra appeared from the hallways, already dressed in her usual "Kunoichi" outfit.

"My liege, Char?"

Vyra stopped for a moment before increasing the pace of her steps to approach the two who were still in their pajamas and seemed to have just woken up.