Chapter 191 ~ The Interview

"Welcome back, my lord, Sir Vincent, Lady Victoria, and Lady Vyra. We have been expecting your arrival."

She raised her head, followed by the two behind her.

They had the elegance, gracefulness, and mannerism on par with nobility. Not even other nobilities could guess their true profession.

Her golden eyes shined beautifully as she gazed at her superiors with a soft and gentle smile.

"We apologize for only being able to welcome you with just the three of us."

"It is fine. We do not mind it."

"Thank you very much. Then, please enter."

The three bowed their heads once again. Illya gestured her hand to the side, welcoming Leon and the others to enter.

Vincent closed the sliding door behind them and they all took off their <<Necklace of False Appearance>>.

Illya, Evelyn, and Kyle kept their smile and composure, not surprised at Leon and the others' change in appearance.

"You've done well seeing through our disguise."

Leon praised.

"It is all thanks to Lady Vyra and Sir Alex's training to perceive and recognize even the slightest magical presence that has allowed us to recognize the truth. Of course, that is only possible because you have let us sense your presence in the first place. Otherwise, we would not have been able to perceive it. Your magic item truly goes beyond our comprehension, my lord."

"But you are still able to sense our magic presence and recognize it. That fact alone deserves praise. You've worked hard."

"Thank you very much."

Illya and the others lowered their heads and bowed fully at Leon.

"Mm. Then, let us proceed with our agenda. We would like to hear your assessments of these candidates before going into the interview with them."

"Of course. This way, please."

Illya raised her head then gestured inside.

Leon and the others took off their shoes and followed Illya inside while Evelyn and Kyle followed closely behind them.

They head into the centermost part of the building.

Despite its age, the wooden structure and elegant, traditional aesthetic were still preserved and maintained, lending the entire building a sense of excellence and culture that couldn't be replicated by other new buildings.

Before the failure of the foolish, newest head of the noble household who owned this building in the past, it was a building owned by a high standing nobility with plenty of influence and financial power. Just like other nobility of their caliber, they value culture and tradition tremendously, and those sentiments were reflected by the aesthetics of the building.

Soon, Illya stopped and turned around towards Leon and the others and gestured her hand to the door on her right.

"This is our main conference room. Shall we enter?"

Evelyn and Kyle slid open the two sliding doors, revealing a large, beautiful, traditional Bestia room.

Unlike the rooms in Arcland and the Holy Country, there were no chairs or large furniture like the couch in the room. Instead, at the center of the room, was a long, yet short, dark wooden table and cushions as seats on its sides. Then, on the polished wooden floor, thin woven mats resembling "Tatami" from a country in Leon's previous world covered the entire surface of the room.