Chapter 265 ~ Finally... Home

Dressed in her special, pink, cherry-blossom themed kimono, Amatearsu fidgeted in her seat nervously. Her bushy fox tail swayed weakly from side to side as her fox ears drooped down.

Sitting by her side, her crimson haired sister, Iris, who was dressed in a beautiful dark crimson dress, was also fidgeting nervously. Both of them barely touched the plethora of snacks and desserts served before them, and they've only taken a few sips of the warm black tea.

"You two... Please don't be so nervous. Freya had told us that they're all well and safe."

Holding the cup of tea and the saucer in her hands, Aria, who was dressed in a beautiful light blue dress, let out a sigh and smiled helplessly at the two. Altria, who was standing by the door, also looked at her princess with a helpless smile.

Right after receiving a message from Freya last night informing them that they've finished their mission and will be returning today, Aria invited both of them to her room to welcome them together.

Both Iris and Amaterasu had also received the same information from Vyra and Lily through their telepathic earrings last, and they were extremely excited at first. But now, they have become very nervous and anxious.

"But... I can't help but be worried! They've been traversing through hell, you know?! Literally! And they've fought terrifying monsters, maybe even more so than the ones we saw during their training!"

"Uuhn... A-Although they have terrific healers, I'm still very worried..."

It has been more than a week since their beloved, sisters, and friends went on an extremely dangerous mission to fix the source of the problem that had been plaguing their homes and the world.

Facing monsters beyond imaginations... Going through treacherous and hellish landscapes... Even though they know they're all extremely powerful, they've been extremely worried for their wellbeing.

"They are fine. Freya told me that they're all fine. And I'm sure Vyra and Lily had told you the same as well, right?"

"Y-Yes, but..."

Amaterasu stopped when she felt a hand on her head. Aria had walked over behind her and patted her and Iris's head softly.

"Don't worry. Believe in them. Believe in our beloved, okay? I'm sure they are fine."

"U-Uhn..."

With their nerves calmed down, the girls continued to chat. This time, more relaxedly, as the two had also begun to eat some of the cakes served by the royal palace.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door.

"Excuse me."

It was a feminine voice.

Aria immediately eyed Altria, who bowed her head, and answered the door.

When she returned, Altria turned towards her princess and the others with a smile.

"It is them."

"Eh?! Really?"

"E-Eh?!"

"Let them in!"

Aria opened the door, revealing the bowing figure of the palace maid, as well as Freya, Lily, Vyra, Jeanne, Irene, and Leon, standing behind the door.

And as soon as their gazes met, Leon's lips curled into a smile.

"Aria. Iris. Amaterasu. I've returned."

Hearing his voice and seeing his figure after a long time, Amaterasu and Iris felt their eyes tearing up and a lump rising to their throat. Their hands, legs, body, and lips trembled as they stared at his figure speechlessly.