Chapter 178 ~ Arrival to the Holy Capital

AN: Hey guys~!! Hope you guys enjoy this week's update~!! Wish you all a great day and week ahead of all of you~!!

Daybreak.

Departing at the first light of day, Crimson Lightning and the Holy Saintess's group started their 10th and final day early in order to reach Oratio by noon of the same day.

Considering the distance between Arcadia and Oratio, which would usually take at least 2 weeks of travel by carriage, it was an extremely short trip only possible due to Crimson Lightning's abilities. Aside from the strengthening spells they cast onto the carriage horses as well as the knights' horses, any and all monster and bandit encounters were taken care of in a blink of an eye without the holy knights and paladins even having the chance to do anything. They've never had a trip so smooth before.

It was a peaceful and quiet trip. For the holy knights and paladins escorting the holy saintess of the Holy Country, it was the ideal journey. There wasn't a need for them to worry for her safety thanks to Crimson Lightning's presence.

Under the warm sunlight that passed through the carriage windows, Charlotte slept soundly on Leon's lap. She leaned herself fully on his chest and secured herself by having her brother's arm around her waist.

Victoria, Vincent, and Alex, who were also in the second carriage, talked amongst themselves and didn't disturb Charlotte's sleep and their master, who was currently talking with his lovers using the earring he put a lot of effort into making.

Throughout the entire trip, their master would slip out every night using <<Gate>> to visit her lovers that unfortunately couldn't join them on this trip. He would spend the night with them and return early in the morning the next day before any of the knights woke up.

It was a secret visit that no one else, except for members of Crimson Lightning and the girls themselves knew of his visit. Aria, Iris, Amaterasu, and Irene didn't tell anyone of it and kept it as their romantic little secret.

The final stretch of the trip went on peacefully and quietly, and soon, large, white walls, stretching far into the horizon, entered their sight the moment the skies turned orange-red.

It was the same sight Leon, Vincent, and Victoria saw when they came to repel the high-orc invaders. It was just as magnificent as it was before.

At that moment, a knocking came from the carriage door.

Looking out the window, they could see Gilbert riding along their carriage on horseback, seemingly trying to initiate a conversation. Alex stood up and opened the door for him.

"Everyone, we will be arriving in Oratio momentarily. I shall handle our entry to the capital and we shall immediately head to the grand church for the meeting with the Pope."

"Understood. We shall leave it to you."

"Yes."

He nodded and turned his horse around and went to the carriage behind Leon's, most likely to inform them of their arrival and the plan as well. Alex closed the door and sat back down.

"Leon, will we proceed as planned?"

Alex asked right after the door closed. His playful, womanizer persona nowhere to be seen.

"It will depend on their response. In the worst case, we will leave the diplomatics to Arcland and Bestia, and not interfere any further. But considering Gilbert's report from his meeting with the Pope, the possibility of that case happening is almost non-existent."