Chapter 264 ~ Demon Lord of Wrath, Ira

Volcanic ash and dark miasma filled the air as they descended down to the tenth and final floor of the Dungeon of Wrath, home to the Demon Lord of wrath, Ira.

The sight of a massive, yet empty, expanse of ashen, volcanic rocks, magma, and lava dripping down from the tall ceiling or flowing down the side of the walls welcomed them. And they could immediately notice a difference between this floor and the others.

Unlike the other floors, there were no monsters. Just an empty expanse with volcanic ash and miasma in the air. It was more akin to a floor guardian's room with the size of an entire floor.

And shining through the dark, thick, ash and miasma filled air, they could see a golden light emanating in the distance. Like a golden star that shone brightly in the midst of an otherwise starless night sky.

With support spells cast upon them and weapons at the ready, they began their cautious approach into the darkness.

Victoria led with Leon and Vyra by her side. Flanking them on their sides were Vincent, Irene, Charlotte, and Freya, serving as the middle guards. And finally, Rafael, Mia, Lily, Alex, and Laura followed from the back as rear guards with the Demon Lords walking at the center of their formation.

There were supposedly no monsters in this floor according to information Drakon had gathered. But they still advance cautiously. They will not let their guard down until they've left this dungeon with everyone safe and sound.

As they advanced through the darkness and towards the previously tiny speck of golden light in the distance, the light began to grow brighter and brighter. And before long, they could begin to see the faint outline and shape of the light.

Soon, they could finally see the true nature of the light.

A massive, translucent, heavenly castle made of ethereal, divine energy that emanated a brilliant golden light that pierced through the dark miasma. They could see a beautiful, otherworldly kaleidoscope of light made from hundreds of golden magic circles of various sizes that rotated and floated in the air within the castle.

And as they approached closer and see through the translucent golden walls of the castle, they could see seven pillars deep within, standing firm and tall. Each emanated a pink, green, yellow, silver, purple, blue, and golden hue and a tremendous amount of magic. Even from this distance, they could recognize these magical energies. They belong to the Demon Lords Lilith, Vivian, Aura, Sonya, Bellona, Drakon, and the Goddess herself, Celestine.

And at the very center of it, there was a massive, spherical mass of pure, concentrated miasma that was encased in what seemed to be hundreds of thousands of golden magic circles.

From the center of their formation, Lilith approached Leon and began walking alongside him.

"Leon, do you see it?"

"Yes... I can see it. And that must be the broken part of the seal."

Leon's eyes focused on the left side of the spherical seal that encased the spherical mass of miasma, where some of the previously golden magic circles had cracked and turned black and crimson. And from it, they could see the miasma leaking out of the slight crack of the magic circles.

"Mm. Our idiot brother's power caused it to break slightly. He had always been notorious for breaking things. But I didn't expect him to also break the Goddess's seal."

A sense of exasperation, but also frustration and sadness, filled her voice as Lilith stared dazedly at the spherical mass of miasma. No, at her brother, who was sleeping within the miasma.