Chapter 268 ~ Unexpected Sight

"Yay~! We're in Bestia again~ It's been a while~"

"Victoria, be careful. Watch your steps."

"...Should've expected that the time you use <<Gate>> to just move around the world for a vacation would come."

"Yeah... And I still can't believe I'm numbed to the fact that you just used a legendary spell for this."

"What are you two talking about now? Come on. The others are waiting."

"That's right! What are you two brats talking about at this point, huh? Hurry up and go!"

""Y-Yes...""

"Ufufufu~ I'm looking forward to this little vacation~ Right, Char~?"

"Uhn..."

Appearing from the portal of Leon's <<Gate>> spell, Victoria, Vincent, Rafael, Mia, Alex, Laura, Celestine, and Charlotte stepped into the tatami-covered floor of Leon's room in Himeji Royal Palace one by one.

And as they appeared, the girls who had been awaiting their arrival immediately welcomed them.

"You're finally here~!!! Did you bring your luggages~?"

"We will be staying here for a few days. But do not worry if you don't bring enough clothing. My liege had also planned a day of shopping for us."

Freya and Vyra approached Mia, Rafael, and Laura.

"Ah, no, it's fine. We've brought everything we needed in our rings."

"Yeah, we're always prepared to go out for days at a time, so there's no need to worry."

"Same here! I've been a traveler for most of my days, so no need to worry about me."

Laura waved her hand relaxedly towards the two girls. She had lived most of her life wandering as an adventurer, and she was used to being away from her home, or at least her place of stay, for days at a time. In her younger days, she also had her share of going from place to place, and had kept a habit of having a supply bag consisting of food, water, clothes, and gold in case she needed to go in a hurry.

In comparison, going on a several day vacation in the royal capital of Bestia wasn't even a challenge, even if it was sudden.

Mia and Rafael, who had been traveling with Laura for years, were also the same. They've made it a habit to prepare a supply bag in case of emergencies, and with the <<Storage>> ring Leon gave them, they could go anywhere in the world at a moment's notice.

"Everyone~! Welcome! I'm so glad you can come~! Leon and I have planned a lot of fun things to do while we're here, so please look forward to it!"

Amaterasu welcomed them with a brilliant smile and ran up to them in excitement.

"Hehehe~ Of course~ We'll look forward to it, Amaterasu~"

Victoria pulled Amaterasu into a tight embrace and began rubbing her cheeks against her fluffy fox ears, causing the little pink fox to giggle and nuzzle back.

"Amaterasu, is Ameno in her room now?"

"Hm~? Ah, yes! The first ancestor is currently in her room!"

Amaterasu snapped out of her bliss from Victoria's petting, and nodded at Celestine.

"Great~ Then, I will go and surprise her~"

The Goddess smiled brightly, clapping her hands in delight, and turned to her son.

"Baby, I will be staying with Ameno for a while, okay? You kids can go ahead and explore the city."

"Of course, mother."