Chapter 229 ~ Return and Enchanted

Late afternoon.

Upon returning from Amenominakanushi Garden after a full morning of relaxation, Leon, Freya, and everyone returned to the palace through the secret passage.

There, Amenominakanushi, Celestine, laura, Alex, Vincent, and Victoria were already present, along with Amaterasu's family. They've been informed by Leon beforehand about their return and to prepare to return to Arcland.

Stepping forward towards Izanagi, Leon lowered his head slightly and placed his hand on his chest in a courteous manner.

"Thank you very much for the hospitality despite our sudden visit."

He rose his hand and replied.

"There is no need for that. You have let us reunite with my dear daughter earlier than any of us would have expected. That is enough. And you are free to visit anytime. Though perhaps, sending a word or two before appearing in this room would be appreciated."

A small grin appeared on his usually stoic and stern face. An expression so rare that even Amaterasu looked pleasantly surprised by her father's apparent favor towards her chosen man.

He then placed his large, thick hand on Leon's shoulder and looked him straight in the eyes. His voice, low and gruff, and carried much more weight than the previous.

"Stay safe. Take care of my daughter."

"With everything in my being."

With a low, guttural sound of approval and a nod, Izanagi then approached his daughter, who was currently still in the embrace of her mother and hugged both of them.

"Do your best in the academy and continue to write letters. Your mother would worry if you're even a day late."

"Ehehehe~ Of course, father~! I'll write a lot of letters!!! Please look forward to it!"

"Umu."

"Ufufufu~ I'll miss you, sweetie. Come visit more often, okay?"

"Yes~!"

"Study well, sister."

"Get stronger too, little sister! Crush everyone in your path! Let them know the might of the divine fox!"

Izanami kissed the cheeks of her daughter and turned her gaze towards Leon.

"Is it possible to let her visit more often? If it puts a burden on you, then there is no need to-"

"No it won't, your majesty. Even if the rest of us can't visit, I will send Amaterasu here personally if she so wishes."

"Mm. Thank you."

Releasing her daughter, Izanami and Izanagi, along with their sons, then lowered their heads to the Goddess, who was stroking Amenominakanushi's hair softly.

"Ufufufu~ It has been a great pleasure to be welcomed here. Thank you very much."

"It is our honor and pleasure."

In truth, Izanagi would've kneeled along with his entire family to bid the Goddess a safe trip back to her home. However, with Altria here, who seemed to still be ignorant of this fact, he had to keep his act.

Celestine smiled softly at Izanagi and his family before turning her gaze back at Amenominakanushi.

Her eyes met hers, and she could easily notice the obvious sadness in them.

"Don't be sad. We can talk anytime with each other."

"...I understand."

"Ufufufu~ I'll visit for tea once in a while, okay? So don't be surprised if I suddenly appear in your room at night~"