Chapter 259 ~ Ancient Volcanic Red Dragon

Arriving before the massive, jet-black, ash-covered stone double doors, on it a depiction of a massive dragon atop a giant volcano with its wings spread all over and encompassing, they all made their final preparations and cast buffing spells onto everyone.

Leon, clad in an armored, golden, and white long coat, stood before the massive door with Tiamat in his left hand. His coat, along with his gauntlet, chest and back plate armor, and greeves that resembled the appearance of a dragon, began to emanate a soft crimson and golden glow.

And in the next moment, the white parts of his long coat and armor began to shift from pure white to blood red, and the golden parts bright crimson.

The divine-class equipment set, Tyrant's Bane, obtainable as extremely rare drops from defeating the level 100 raid-ranked boss, Tiamat, was a light armor set that had two states and made of the scales of the Scaled Tyrant and the Queen of Evil Dragons' remains.

In its original state, the Tyrant's Bane was a golden and white armored long coat that gave the wearer power to take down tyrants, increasing their damage against humanoids and increasing that damage according to the enemy's level. The more powerful they are, the more damage he could deal against them.

It was the state Leon normally used for his PVP guild wars along with another bow which also increased his damage against humanoid enemies.

But in its other state, the Tyrant's Bane turned into a blood red armored long coat that gave the wearer power to take down the Scaled Tyrant and its kind, increasing their damage tremendously but only against Dragons.

In Grandeur Fantasia and other fantasy worlds, Dragons existed, but they were not common. Aside from dungeons that had floors filled with dragons like the eight floor of the Dungeon of Wrath or high ranking dungeon bosses like the Scaled Tyrant, Leon only had a few opportunities to use this second state of the Tyrant's Bane to its full potential.

But right now, along with his Tiamat, which was made specifically as a boss killer with increased damage against aberrations, spirit, giants, demons, and dragons, he was completely optimized to slay dragons.

"Lux."

"Kyuu!"

Jumping off from Vivian's embrace, the little white fox made her way quickly to her master at his call.

And as she left, Vivian watched her with a hint of longing in her chest. The demon lords, aside from Drakon, had been taking turns cuddling the two Celestial Foxes since the others needed to be battle ready in case they allerted some monsters, and they've grown really fond of them, even more than before. So when she left, Vivian couldn't help but feel a bit sad even though she knew it couldn't be helped.

The moment Lux arrived before Leon, she jumped into his embrace, and a brilliant light immediatley encompassed both of their figure. And in the next moment, Leon had transformed into his Fox of Light state with a pair of white foxy ears on his head and a bushy fox tail behind him.

In this form, his physical prowess were enhanced as well as his light and holy elemental spells.

"Hm? Why are you in light mode? Aren't you going to be shooting it?"

Mia asked as she and Rafael looked at him confusedly.

"I am. But most of my skills with the bow won't be strengthened with Noir. So I chose Lux. Even though she won't strengthen it either, it will be the safer option just in case something happens."

"Huh... I see..."

Leon glanced back at the group and nodded when he saw everyone ready.

"Let's go."