Chapter 233 ~ A Selfish Wish

Merriness filled the private royal dining room as everyone congratulated the crown prince and crown princess.

Arthur and Seara were especially delighted to see their son and their future daughter-in-law becoming a true husband and wife to each other, not only in name and status. They truly become a loving couple and marry out of love, not politics.

Arthur placed his hand on Alviss's shoulder and locked his gaze into his.

"Congratulations. Remember to take care and support each other at all times. And Alviss, remember that a King should only bend his knee to his parents out of respect and wife out of love."

"Yes father."

"Good."

On the other hand, Seara had pulled Mavis into her embrace and held her softly, stroking her hair.

"I'm very happy for you, Mavis. I've always treated you like my own daughter. I'm very happy that you will finally become a part of the family."

"Your majesty... T-Thank you..."

"Ufufufu~ You can call me mother in private, my dear."

"I-I-I understand... M-Mother..."

Seara let her go from her embrace, revealing Mavis's blushing cheeks and teary eyes as she shyly tried her best to make eye contact with her.

"Please take care of Alviss, okay? He might seem like a competent boy, but he has the tendency to push himself. You must remember to stop him and let him rest before he harms himself, okay?"

"Yes, m-mother. I will take care of him."

"Good girl~ Fufufu~ Now I can't wait to have a grandchild~"

"E-Eh?! T-That is still too soon, m-m-mother!"

"Is it~? I don't think so~ My husband and I conceived Alviss on our first night right after our marriage ceremony~ I'm sure it will be the same as you~"

"U-Uuuhh...."

As Seara continued teasing her future daughter-in-law, Freya and the rest of the girls also came to congratulate Mavis while Leon went to Alviss.

"Congratulations, Alviss. I had to admit, I was a bit surprised by the suddenness of your proposal. Aria didn't tell me a thing about it."

"Thank you. I wanted to surprise Mavis and make this a very personal and private, so I kept everything hidden from everyone other than my father, mother, and Aria. Although I did tell her that she's free to tell you, it seems like she decided to keep it hidden and surprise you."

"I see. Thank you very much for inviting us to this very special event. I am very honored."

"Ahahaha, that should be my line. Thank you for coming and bearing witness to this very special moment for me. Although we hadn't had the chance to be closer as I would've hoped due to our circumstances, I still think of you as my future brother-in-law. So I feel very happy to have you here."

"...Likewise."

Leon's lips slowly curled into a small smile as he glance to the direction of the girls. His eyes reflecting the figure of his beloved princess Aria as she's giggling and having fun with the others.

"I've always thought of myself only as Aria's partner, and tried my best not to meddle in your family situation. Considering you are of royalty, my meddling might drive this kingdom into a direction you didn't have in your vision. So I kept to my lane, not wanting stick my hand into something that might cause adverse effect to the entire kingdom. I also treated Amaterasu's family similarly for the same reason."