Chapter 236 ~ Dark Storm Wolf

Arriving stealthily a few distances away from the source of the dark monsters' aura with the help of Charlotte's spell, <<Silent haste>>, Leon and the others all hid their presence and appearance behind trees as they try to identify the type of dark monster and set up an ambush.

Having traveled between trees to get a vantage point, Vyra was able to see the dark monsters and conveyed the information to Leon and the others through her telepathy.

[I could see them. As we have expected, there is one larger dark monster and five smaller ones following. I believe they were previously storm wolf and wolf monsters before they were turned into dark monsters.]

[I believe so as well. That horn protruding off the center of its head was a unique feature of a storm wolf.]

As it was the first ever monster he encountered in this world, Leon was able to recognize it instantly. But unlike the Storm Wolf he countered, it was much larger and... feral.

Instead of white, its fur was pitch black with red streaks of fur along its body that radiated in an ominous glow. Its eyes glowed bright red and were filled with madness and senseless violence that seemed to seek only destruction in its path. The other five smaller wolves around it also shared similar appearances, only without the glowing, bright red horn at the center of the Storm Wolf's head.

[Uwah... They look like trouble...]

[Mm...]

Mia and Lily said worriedly as they stared at the monsters.

Even at this distance, they could feel the whirlwind of violent and chaotic magical aura and dark, familiar miasma emanating from the dark storm wolf and dark wolves clearly, prickling on their skin.

[We shall stick to our previous plan. Be careful. Treat it not as a regular wolf but a calamity class beast.]

[[Yes!]]

Crimson Lightning moved stealthily through the woods into their positions, waiting until their targets entered the ambush point.

The dark storm wolf trotted forward, blasting away trees and cracking the ground beneath it, as the other five dark wolves followed behind it.

When suddenly, ice from the ground crept up and froze all their limbs, stoping them in their place. And immediately after, a salvo of shining blue arrows of magic rain down towards them.

"AWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

The dark storm wolf let out a low, guttural, and broken howl, filled with madness and anger, that no longer resembled a howl of a wolf echoed through out the forest. And from around it, a blast of a sphere of dark red magical energy burst forth, shattering all the magical ice arrows and ice trapping their legs.

All of them immediately growled in a wrathful anger as they began to survey the surroundings. But before it could pinpoint anything, all of them noticed a vibration below them and jumped away, just before large spikes of ice shoot out from the ground beneath them.

And the moment it landed, Victoria appeared before the Dark Storm Wolf with her great beautiful, golden greatsword drawn.

"Hello~! You'll be playing with me now, doggy~! <<Skill: Provoke>>!!!"

"GRRAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

Its eyes immediately glowed brighter red as intense anger filled its entire being and immediately charged towards Victoria.

It leaped and pounced with agility that belied its massive size and its claws and fangs ready to rip her apart. But as it was in the air, an excruciating pain suddenly racked its entire body before it was slammed down right into the ground, cracking and shaking the ground.