Chapter 206 ~ Transcendental Beauty

The morning sun shone brightly on the clear, blue sky, illuminating Leon's bedroom through the large decorated windowpane.

Leon and Celestine were sitting on the couch in front of each other. In between them, a number of parchments and papers filled with writings and intricate drawings of magic circles covered the entirety of the coffee table.

They were notes Leon wrote as his mother explained the details and structure of the seal that contained the Demon Lord of Wrath and his malicious miasma.

Floating above the coffee table, Celestine's divine raiment had materialized and formed a circle. At its center, a spherical 3d holographic visualization of an intricately intertwined series of complex golden magic circles was displayed.

It was the materialization of the seal.

"The seal that contained Wrath and his mana is comprised of three main parts. The first part is the seal itself, a separate nigh unbreakable, and inescapable space. This is where the body and all of Wrath's mana were sealed."

Celestine waved her hand and the previously shining group of magic circles began to dim, and another group of magic circles began to shine.

"The second part of the seal is the divine chains that shackle its body and soul. It actively absorbs its mana, suppressing him, and uses it to strengthen its shackle around him even more in an infinite cycle."

She then waved her hand once again and the previous shining magic circles dim before another group began to shine. Compared to the other two parts of the seal, this part of the seal had a lot more magic circles shining and was present all around the other parts as well. However, it was slightly less complicated and there were parts that Leon was familiar with.

"The third part of the seal is the mechanism that converts any excess magic power from Wrath that has been absorbed by the divine chains into regular mana and release it to nature. As you may have already guessed, this part of the seal is damaged, causing some of Wrath's unfiltered and harmful miasma to escape into the world, turning monsters into dark monsters and cursing the people of the races. If we leave it for too long, the damage will spread, causing an increase of the amount of unfiltered miasma escaping."

"I see... So I would need to mend this part of the seal and return it to how it was, am I right?"

"Yes. However, you would need to use your divinity to precisely weaving all these magic circles in tandem, strengthen the other weakening parts of this mechanism, and then meld everything back into one. For this, you will need a tremendous amount of control over your divinity and your full concentration."

"...I understand. I shall continue improving my control over divinity."

Celestine nodded and smiled softly at her son.

"Good. Now since we are focusing on this third part, I will explain to you the structure of the magic circle in its entirety. You will need to memorize this perfectly, as if it was the back of your hand, so you can pour all your focus on controlling your divinity while you weave these magic circles later on."

"Yes, mother."

--------------------------------X--------------------------------

The hours passed quickly as Leon was absorbed in his lessons and training. Before he knew it, it was already well past the middle of the day, only a few hours away from sunset.

The afternoon sun painted the sky orange-red by the time Celestine stopped the lesson for the day. The mother and son pair then headed to the dining room for a very late lunch and asked Lisa to bring them something light to eat to hold their hunger before dinner.