Chapter 227 ~ Takamagahara Shopping

A heavy sensation greeted Leon as he awakened from his slumber.

The morning sunlight that seeped in from the large window in his guest room in Himeji castle forced him to shut his eyes further from the sheer brightness for a moment, before slowly adjusting.

He blinked his eyes several times and looked at the source of the heavy sensation that awakened him, and saw a black head on his chest.

It was Vyra, sleeping on top of him while wrapping her arms around his stomach, making herself comfortable on her beloved's body. Her expression was slackened and completely relaxed, unlike her usual stiff and stoic expression that a little smile would only eb present when she was around family.

It seemed that she had climbed up to this position at night because she was clearly sleeping by his side last night.

To his sides was Lily, hugging his arm and burying it in between her chest, and Irene, who was using his other arm as her pillow and nuzzled her head to his chest. Their expressions were completely unguarded and blissful.

While Freya slept behind Irene, holding onto his hand.

He immediately realized that he was stuck now. There was no way he could move and not disturb their peaceful sleep.

Well... There is nothing to do this morning, so I'll let them sleep longer.

His lips curled into a gentle smile as he looked at them.

But, upon seeing their lovely sleeping faces more closely, he couldn't suppress the urge to kiss them and began giving Vyra, Lily, and Irene a soft kiss on their head.

Vyra immediately began purring and rubbed her face on his chest. Her face further slackening into a grin as she hugged him tighter.

Lily also began hugging his arm even stronger and bugan rubbing her cheeks on his shoulders as well before calming down and falling deeper into slumber.

Meanwhile, Irene's eyes started to flutter open.

Her sleepy, dazed eyes wandered around for a moment before locking into Leon's when she raised her head up. Her pink, luscious lips quickly curled into a brilliant smile.

"Good morning, dear."

"Good morning, Irene."

She raised her body up and took his lips with hers, getting a fill of her beloved's love the first thing in the morning, before falling back down and nuzzling back to his chest with a smile even brighter still.

"What are we going to do today~?"

Irene asked with a hint of excitement in her still slightly deeper morning voice.

"There is no fixed schedule we need to follow. Perhaps we'll have breakfast with Amaterasu's family, and then we could enjoy the day however we want until we return later this afternoon. What would you like to do? Is there somewhere you'd like to visit?"

Irene thought for a moment as cuddled her beloved.

"Hm... Well, perhaps we could go and visit some of the places Lilith and the others haven't seen yet. How about the park you visited for the Cherry Blossoms Viewing Festival? I've heard of how beautiful it is from Freya and the others. If I'm not mistaken, it is called the Amenominakanushi Garden, isn't it?"

"It is. I'll ask his majesty Izanagi if we could gain permission to visit it this morning. It is very sudden, so I'm not sure if we could go there..."

"Ufufufu~ It's fine~ If we can't, then we can just go around the town again. We head straight here yesterday so we couldn't sightsee as much as we wanted. I'm sure it'll be fun either way."