Chapter 257 ~ Land of Dragons

The eighth floor of the Dungeon of Wrath was a massive floor with ceilings even higher than the ceilings of the sixth floor where the Ancient Golem of Fire resided.

High cliffs, deep valleys, and massive lakes of lava were present all throughout the entire outer section of the floor, making them natural obstacles that would hinder anyone from traveling through this floor.

Having prepared for such terrain, Leon and the others overcome these obstacles with wind spells to give them a boost in their leap or slow their fall from a cliff, and continue through the path they've planned without a hitch.

And as they silently made their way through the outer section, having already made a third of their way through the outer section without encountering any monster, they heard the sound of beating wings.

Leon and Vyra, who were scouting ahead as usual, stopped and hid before scanning their surroundings. With Leon clad in his assassin's divine class equipment and the armor <<Dark Sin>> in addition to being in his Jet-black fox form, as well as Vyra's otherworldly stealthing ability, their appearance and presence immediately blended into their surroundings and completely disappeared.

And from behind the tall cliff a few distance away from them, they saw a jet-black, winged, serpent-like creature with two clawed legs and veins of glowing red magma coursing through its body and wings, flying through the air. It had the appearance resembling that of a smaller, more slender, dragon.

Vyra immediately looked to her beloved and communicated her concern with her eyes. But Leon simply smiled reassuringly and pressed a finger to his lips in a "shushing" gesture and contacted Freya and the others through their telepathic bond between master and player assistants.

[One wyvern spotted in the air. Proceed carefully as planned.]

[Understood, darling~]

[Uhn... I just re-cast my spells... No problem...]

Leon acknowledged Freya and Charlotte's messages before turning his attention to the wyvern flying further and further away.

Despite being a monster in the eight floor of the Dungeon of Wrath, Wyverns were not particularly strong creatures. Aside from its scales, which slightly decreased the amount of damage it received from slashing weapons, decently powerful bite attacks, sharp claws, high resistance to fire damage, and the ability to fly, they were quite simple to defeat.

A wyvern's hunting strategy normally revolves around a hit and run tacting by utilizing their ability to fly. It would usually dive in, bite or slash their enemies, and fly away. Or sometimes, bringing their enemies with them with their claws or maw and dropping them from great heights if they managed to snatch them. But, that was all.

Simply stealing their ability to fly by ripping the membranes of their wings would cripple their combat prowess by more than half. A level 94 wyvern unable to fly was equivalent to a level 85 monster in terms of combat prowess. All they would have left was the physical strength and toughness of a level 94 rank-raid monster and barely dangerous bite and claw attacks.

Moreover, although they have a good sense of smell and keen eyesight, they didn't have any means of detecting those concealed by magic, such as Leon's group who had been veiled with Leon, Charlotte, and Vyra's presence-concealing skills and magic. Thus, wyverns were not Leon's main concern for the outer section of this floor.

His concern lied in the other monster that inhabited the outer section of the Dungeon of Wrath's eight floor; the Volcanic Earth Dragon.

A volcanic earth dragon had the appearance similar to salamanders that could be found in the upper levels of the dungeon, only much larger. If a regular salamander was the size of a carriage, a volcanic earth dragon could measure more than ten times its size easily, making it one of the largest creatures they've seen thus far after the massive golems.