Chapter 142 ~ Father

AN: Finally revealing the backstory to Leon's father and his reasons for treating Leon the way he did. Hope you guys enjoyed it ~!!!!! XDXDXD

PS. Sorry for the late update >_< Maybe because of my internet or something with Wattpad's servers but I couldn't get into the website from my laptop. Tried using my phone but the same thing happened. 

Celestine sipped her tea as she watched her beloved son chatting with his friends and lovers with a very peaceful and gentle smile. She had always felt happy whenever she watched over them from the heavens, but the feelings she had right now wouldn't even begin to compare. To be with her son in person... She never thought this day would come after all that has happened.

Especially after what happened between her and Leon's father...

"Mother? What's the matter...?"

Leon asked worriedly, noticing his mother's smile turning into a frown. Though it was but a slight frown, Leon knew that such a frown forebode something deeper that bothered his mother.

Celestine turned to him and stared at his son for a while. At this time, everyone had paused their talk as their attention shifted towards the two.

Celestine looked hesitant, wondering if she should tell him or let it stay within her heart.

"What is wrong, mother...? If there is something you wish to tell me, then please tell me by all means..."

"Leon..."

Celestine shut her eyes in contemplation, her brows furrowed in deep thought as she hesitated. The memories of the time she spent with her beloved husband, having Leon, and being forced to separate from them flashed through her mind. It happened 20 years ago, but for a Goddess who had lived for thousands and millions of years, 20 years and one week felt similar to her, and the pain and sadness she experienced was still fresh in her heart and mind. This pain had scared her, and it would most likely never heal.

Suddenly, she felt a hand placed on top of hers. She opened her eyes and saw her son, Leon looking at her with a soft yet resolute gaze.

A strong and beautiful gaze... Just like his...

Celestine steeled her heart, dispersing all her previous hesitations away. Leon is her beloved son, and he deserved to know what happened between his parents that had caused him such pain.

"Leon, would you like to know... What happened between your father and I...?"

Leon's eyes widened in shock, and everyone else in the room also became shocked.

All of them knew about Leon's past and what he had to suffer through due to his father. How he was raised in such a cruel, unforgiving environment where he couldn't trust even a single person in his life, where even his father was uncaring for him and only saw him as a tool that will one day inherit his business. That was all they knew as they've only heard of it from Leon's perspective. None of them knew what had happened before that would cause Leon's traumatic past.

Leon fell into silence for a moment. The past that had haunted him for a very long time, everything his father had done to him all this time, he simply dismissed it as his father's nature; the very nature that allowed him to become an extremely powerful man in that capitalistic world. But was that really why...?