Chapter 172 ~ After‌ (1)

AN: Hey guys~!!! Hope you enjoy this week's update~!!! 

Vincent let out a sigh of relief after he sensed no more of the dark high-orc king's magic presence, confirming its death. He was a bit nervous after seeing the dark high-orc king activating its last resort racial skills, an extremely powerful self-strengthening skill unique only to high-orc kings.

In Grandeur Fantasia, the high-orc king was a high-ranked dungeon boss. When its HP falls below 10%, it has a 50% chance of activating its racial skill, immensely increasing its strength, speed, and making it immune to any immobility effects.

Though he was confident that he, Leon, and Victoria could defeat it, without a way to crowd-control it, it would've endangered the knights who were standing just a few distance away behind them. A regular high-orc king would be around level 60, while a dark high-orc king would be around level 70. But in that state, the strength of the dark high-orc king would be around level 80, qualifying it as a catastrophe class monster in this world, and Vincent wasn't confident they would be able to protect Gilbert and the rest of the knights without proper preparations.

Fortunately, they managed to react very quickly and defeat it instantly before it could do anything.

Just then, Vincent sensed multiple magic signatures approaching them.

"Master, they've arrived. What shall we do?"

"...Let's leave. Retrieve the high-orc king's magic core. It would help Sir Gilbert make up an excuse to people aside from those who needed to know about us."

Vincent tilted his head for a moment, wondering why his master wanted to retrieve the high-orc king's magic core. But soon, a realization came to his mind. thought for a moment before a realization came to his mind.

"Excuse... I see. As "payment" is it, master? Understood. Can you help me, Victoria?

"Yes~"

As Victoria and Vincent begin to retrieve the dark high-orc king's magic core, Leon sent a telepathic message to Gilbert.

[Sir Gilbert, we shall be returning to Arcadia now. I will be taking only the dark high-orc king's magic core and leave the rest for the Holy Country to rebuild the cities and villages that had been ravaged by these monsters. I shall leave the explanations to you. Tomorrow afternoon, I shall come here once again to bring you and your knights back again to Arcadia.]

The holy knight captain flinched in shock when he heard Leon's voice in his mind. He turned towards the jet-black-haired man and saw him nod.

So he can even speak directly to someone's mind...

Gilbert nodded back and bowed his head in gratitude for his consideration.

Soon after, Leon cast a spell that created a dome that bends light around them, making them invisible to anyone outside the dome. And while in it, Leon cast <<Gate>> once again and returned back to his mansion.

--------------------------------X--------------------------------

The night in Arcland had just fallen as the orange-red sky slowly sank into the horizon.

Leon, Vincent, and Victoria arrived in the main living room of their mansion, and they were immediately welcomed by Mia and Vyra who were sitting on the couch with tea and a few snacks on the coffee table, both in their battle outfit.