Chapter 149 ~ The Doting Brother's Challenge

AN: Been working really to keep on writing despite the lack of inspiration and writers block that may stem from UNI stress... I hope I can overcome it!!! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!!!! 

You can read ahead 5 chapters in my patreon, patreon.com/verglasx ! Feel free to check it out if you're interested XD!!

The main throne room used to welcome foreign dignitaries or guests was the grandest and largest in comparison to the other smaller throne rooms.

Soft and fine tatami mats covered the entire floor. The walls all around the room were covered in a large painting depicting the serene beauty of nature with mountains, trees, and animals. The roof was decorated with intricate yet beautiful patterns that truly captured the traditional and ancient elements of Bestia.

One-third part of the room opposite of the entrance was slightly elevated, partitioning the area where the king and queen sat from the ministers and guests.

The king of Bestia, Izanagi no Mikoto, sat in seiza position at the center of the ruler's area. By his side was a transcendently beautiful woman with cherry blossom colored hair, the queen of Bestia, Izanami no Mikoto. In contrast to her husband's stone-faced frown that would easily scare adults as well as young children, she had a soft and gentle welcoming smile that counters Izanagi's scary expression.

Sitting in a seiza position on either side outside of the ruler's area were two young men. The one with messy long hair smiled widely, revealing his teeth. While the other one with neatly combed long hair tied into a ponytail had a neutral expression.

They all had different expressions, but their attention was all focused on the handsome jet-black haired man with crimson red eyes who was standing right beside the beautiful princess of Arcland.

A tense, heavy atmosphere enveloped the room the moment Leon and the others entered. But the voice of a certain bubbly pink fox girl dispelled all sort of tenseness from the room.

"Everyone~! I'm home~!! I've missed everyone~!!!"

Izanami and Susanoo's smiles immediately widened when Amaterasu came running towards them. Even Izanagi and Tsukuyomi's expressions relaxed despite still being in the presence of their guests.

"Oh my~ Ufufufu~! I missed you too, darling~"

"Umu."

"Welcome home, little sister."

"Ahahaha! Welcome back, Amaterasu!"

The formal setting of the throne room immediately turned into a touching reunion between a daughter and her family as Amaterasu ran up to her brothers and parents and gave them all a big hug.

Susanoo and Tsukuyomi hugged her tightly in return as they patted her back gently. Amaterasu nuzzled into her mother's enormous chest as she stroked her hair gently. And lastly, Izanagi simply patted his dear daughter's back as she hugged him tightly. There may seem to be no change in his expression, but Leon was able to perceive the corners of his lips lifting up into a small smile. His gaze also softened tremendously compared to the calculative and observant gaze he set on Leon just a moment before.

Then after she was done hugging her family, she returned to Leon's side and smiled brightly. Immediately and all of a sudden, the tense atmosphere and pressure in the room returned.

Izanagi, Susanoo, and Tsukuyomi's gaze towards Leon intensified the moment they saw their little sun went to this man's side like it was the most natural thing to do. Izanagi and Tsukuyomi's glare intensified, while Susanoo's lips were visibly twitching as he stared at him. They knew that if Leon was everything Amaterasu described him to be in her letters, then there wouldn't be a better suitor for their precious sun. But still! They didn't want to lose their little sunshine to another man just yet!!!