Chapter 221 ~ My Heart isn't Ready Yet!

After dinner, everyone would normally gather in the parlor for some tea and chat before they go take a bath and retire for the night.

This time, however, Laura, Mia, Rafael, and Alex, seemed to have made their own plans to go out to the city and go walk off their dinner as well as buy some sweets for snacks, so they didn't join them to the parlor.

Thus, only Leon, Freya, Vyra, Lily, Jeanne, Charlotte, Celestine, Lilith, Sonya, Vivian, and Aura went to the parlor.

As they walked, Leon noticed the girls seemed to be more excited than usual. When he asked, Freya told him to look forward to it since they've done their best.

Arriving at the parlor, Leon took a seat on the couches. Jeanne shyly took the seat on his left, while Lily and Charlotte took the seats on his right. Freya, Vyra, Lilith, and Sonya sat on the couch opposite of him, while Celestine, Vivian, and Aura sat on the single couch that was on either side of the large, low coffee table at the center; Vivian and Aura sharing one together.

Lisa pushed a cart full of desserts into the parlor while the other maid pushed a cart for the tea following her. They were the desserts Freya and the others had made just this afternoon.

Freya and Lily excitedly helped Lisa place all the desserts onto the table while the other maid served everyone a cup of black tea.

The sight widened Leon's eyes and put sparkles on the excited Charlotte, Aura, and Vivian's eyes as they looked at it. There were only three types of desserts - Chocolate Cake, Cookies, and Madeleine - but they've made quite a lot of it, enough to cover the quite sizable coffee table.

He now finally realized what Freya meant.

"Did the six of you make these?"

Leon asked with a soft smile, his gaze sweeping across Freya, Lily, Vyra, Lilith, Sonya, and Jeanne.

"Ufufufu~ We did~ We made them just this afternoon while you were training~"

Lilith said with a small giggle as she covered her lips with her lithe fingers. She felt very satisfied and happy after seeing his reaction.

"I see."

He had to admit, he was quite excited to try them. It wasn't the first time he had tasted the food Freya, Vyra, and Lily made, but they were helped by Lisa or the chefs of their mansion. This would be the first time he'll be tasting something they made themselves, including Lilith, Sonya, and Jeanne.

Sitting right beside him, Jeanne felt her heart race so quickly. She could already feel the heat rushing to her cheeks just by being this close to him!

This was too quick! Too quick for her!

B-But, she can't let her sisters' consideration and encouragement go to waste! They let her sit next to him so she could have fun and become closer to him. She can't just throw away this opportunity! She needs to do her best!

Jeanne placed her hand on her enormous chest and took a deep breath, trying her best to calm down.

She glanced towards him and steeled her determination.

"U-Uhm! L-Leon..."

"Hm?"

Leon turned to Jeanne and immediately felt as if thunder had struck him.

Before him was a trembling hand holding a cookie with another one under it and an absolutely adorable, blushing face and teary eyes of the saintess, looking at him pleadingly.

"A-Aaahhn..."

His face immediately blushed as his heart started to race rapidly.

The gap between the usual innocent, pure, and ever smiling Jeanne and this absolutely amorous, helpless, teary eyed Jeanne made his heart skip a beat.