Chapter 204 ~ Return From the Eternal Frozen Palace

Dirt and small bits of rocks shook violently as the ground trembled from below his feet.

A golden translucent sheen and aura enveloped his entire figure, undulating, brightening and dimming over and over as he clenched his eyes and teeth.

It condensed near him, emanating particles of golden light that disappeared in the wind caused by the divinity he emanated as his hands curled into fists and sweat dripped down his face.

"That's enough."

At the words of his mother, the golden light around him disappeared and he began to heave and breathed heavily, clenching onto his knees to barely support himself.

"Mm, it is still unstable. The undulation of your divinity is still too rough, but you are improving. Focus more on calming the waves and ripples of your divinity slowly instead of stopping them forcefully. It is unlike mana that you can command. Do not try to force it. Let your divinity flow freely. All you should do is shape the river it flows in so you can make it flow to your will."

"Yes, mother..."

He nodded and quickly calmed himself down. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, regulating his erratic breathing once again before he started emanating his divinity once more.

He must perfect this technique quickly. Else, he wouldn't be able to use it during battle, let alone using it to protect his friends. This divine protective barrier would be extremely important to have during operations in the Demon Lord of Wrath's dungeon.

Fuuuuuuuuhhh... Calm down. Remember mother's advice. Stay calm. Concentrate on your breathing.

After a while, as his expression relaxed, the undulating golden aura calmed down and started condensing around his figure like a layer of clothing.

The wind that blew from his power was now gone, leaving a still and calm space around him.

A proud smile bloomed on Celestine's face as she watched her son. As she expected, it wouldn't be long before he could perfect this technique. Then, he could start learning how to use it on others.

"That is enough, Leon. You've done well. Come and take a rest."

"Yes..."

His eyes slowly opened as the golden light dissipated little by little. But, right in that moment, he lose all strength in his legs and dropped to the ground.

"Eh...?"

"Ufufufu~ There's no need to worry, dear~ You're just still exhausted from your previous tries. Now that you've succeeded, your bodies must've felt relieved and lost all the tension that's been holding you up all this time."

"I-I see... Hah..."

He never experienced anything like this... His breathing was calm and he didn't feel tired. Yet, his body refused to respond to his command. It was... a strange feeling. Using divinity was much more tasking to his body than he expected compared to using mana.

"Ufufufu~ You've done so well, Leon~ Here, I brought you a refreshment~"

"... I brought you a towel."

Leon slowly stood up from the ground as Lilith approached him and froze the moment she heard another voice.

"Demon Lord of Sloth...?"

"Sonya... Call me Sonya."

His eyes widened as he stared at the pitch-blak haired beauty in disbelief.

This was... shocking to say the least. While he didn't know the behavior of the demon lords fully, he had ascertained that the sin they represent heavily affected it. Lilith's lustfulness being his biggest proof.